Budget-150 portable headphones
Apr 24, 2015 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gully

Head-Fier
I'm looking for some portable on-ear headphones.

Budget = 150max

My personal choices seem to be between V-Moda M80s and Sennheiser Urbanites

I have no personal preference atm when it comes to sound signatures, I do enjoy the havi b3s which people say are very nuetral but I also enjoy a really tight punchy bass.
Also I do not know exactly how it works, but  usually I have been able to grow onto sound signatures. Since at first, I didn't enjoy the havi b3s. but after having them for awhile *maybe burning them in?* I really enjoyed their clarity and seperation

My main worries are build quality and any lacking sound frequencies.

Overall, im just searching for any portable recommendations I may not have come across under 150 dollars, or maybe even more if it will be worth it. I have been looking for on-ear headphones for portability but if there are any durable on-ear headphones that are worth looking at, I would be happy to see any kind of recommendations you have.

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 6
Sennheiser Momentum On Ears are on special right now (they just came out with a new version recently): http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-On-Ear-Headphone-Black/dp/B00DKPXU9A/

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 6
Senn HD 25-1 II are usually described as either fairly flat or slightly 'v shaped'. Very easy to drive. Pretty good bass imo (maybe not much subbass). Some people find them a bit bright and/or physically uncomfortable- personally, love the sound and can usually wear them for about 90 mins to 2 hours before my outer ears demand a break (big head too). They also isolate well and are built to withstand the apocalypse- I bought mine used, travel constantly for work (stuffed into backpack) and they lasted for about 4 years before the springs that connect the drivers to the detachable cables became a little loose- will fix someday (the drivers, earpads, and cables are all replacable), for now I have DT1350 instead (very similar and nice too, but I still prefer the HD25 by a little bit). I keep reading how nice those VMODAs are, though. 

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 6
Oh yeah ive seen reviews on those headphones, but since the vmodas and reviews seemed at par and people always talk about the build quality. thanks for the heads up, ill consider those too now

May 5, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #6 of 6
thank you so much... at first i was leaning toward other headphones (m-80 and urbanites) due to the style, but when looking at reviews of the hd25 i was very intrigued. i have them know, they sound clean, have plenty of bass and are light for portable use.Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back