Buckethead in Concert
Aug 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

scompton

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone seen Buckethead in concert? He's going to be playing a little over a mile from my house and I'm wondering what type of show he puts on.

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone seen Buckethead in concert? He's going to be playing a little over a mile from my house and I'm wondering what type of show he puts on.

I haven't gotten to see him in person, but I've downloaded a bunch of his live material (Both official, from eMusic, and unofficial, from archive.org/audio).

As you probably know, archive.org is a massive site devoted to legal live recordings by tapers. They have more than 40 of his shows here.

Any of the shows can be streamed if you want to get an idea of what they sound like, or you can download in a variety of formats, including flac, mp3, and usually Ogg.

SQ is all over the map, so I would advise streaming a bit of a show before downloading as the files, especially the flacs, can be quite large. Most of the tapers list their equipment on the show pages, and this can be fascinating.

Anyway, I apologize if I've told you something you already knew...
happy_face1.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #3 of 13
I didn't know about that site so thanks. I do have one album, Giant Robot, that I like quite a bit. I'll probably buy a ticket since it's only $18. I drove past the theater last night I saw that Garage a Trois was coming in 2 weeks. When I bought those tickets, I saw that Buckethead was coming in October.

Edit: I just noticed that I have tickets to La Traviata earlier that week. That'll make an interesting week in music.

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

I didn't know about that site so thanks. I do have one album, Giant Robot, that I like quite a bit. I'll probably buy a ticket since it's only $18. I drove past the theater last night I saw that Garage a Trois was coming in 2 weeks. When I bought those tickets, I saw that Buckethead was coming in October.

If you end up going, post a review!

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 13
I saw him at a medium-sized club in San Francisco about 10 or 12 years ago. I don't recall anything remarkable about the show except for watching his hands in rapt fascination for over an hour.

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #7 of 13
$18 for a buckethead concert ticket, jeebus christ I wish I lived in the states.

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

I did buy a ticket for the show, and a ticket for Garage a Trois this weekend.

Buckethead's good, but the Garage a Trois show should be amazing! I'm very jealous.

Aug 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #12 of 13
Was seconds from pulling the trigger and buying a ticket for his SF show few months back, but alas, I had other plans that could not be rescheduled.

From what I've heard, he mixes up his setlist with covers he spices up, and a variety of his more popular tracks. I recently hear hes taken a liking to Rage Against the Machine.
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$18 for a buckethead concert ticket, jeebus christ I wish I lived in the states.

I just got an announcement of the local Zappa plays Zappa concert, $115
eek.gif
eek.gif

You do get to download a digital version of the concert afterwords, get to vote for 5 songs to include in the set list, and they're giving away a Hagstrom guitar. It's still expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back