Bti 2 battery extender for IPOD
Jul 16, 2007 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

callanish

100+ Head-Fier
I own a 5.5 Gen 30GB IPOD with one of the BTI Battery II power suppliers ( notice how I don't say chargers). I'm getting mixed info around the forums and web regarding that this battery charger is capable of charging the IPOD. Mine doesn't, so I'm wondering if anyone that has ones of these; does your BTI charge your IPOD? Has anyone done anything different ( Firmware changes, etc. ) where it didn't charge it before and now it does? It's the weakest link in my chain as I really like the battery life of this thing ( I'm getting upwards of 50 + hours on a charge ), but hate the fact that I can't just use it primarily for portable use while travelling and leave all the power supplies at home due to the fact that eventually the IPOD will need even a small charge just to power the BTI power supplier which in my world defeats the purpose of the thing.

I could get one of those 9V IPOD keychain chargers as a backup to provide at least some juice to the IPOD, but I've got a perfectly good powerful lithium battery power supplier / so called charger sitting here that doesn't accomplish what I really think it should be capable of doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back