Btech 928 Headphone Amp - Review / WARNING!
Oct 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eljustinoid

New Head-Fier
Btech 928 Headphone Amp - bought at Richer Sounds in London

I bought one of these because I wanted a headphone amp in the hope that my M-Audio audiophile sound card (via headphone amp) would sound better than the headphone socket of my PC, which runs off a basic (though rather good) realtech PC audio chipset.

There is a (very) favourable write-up on the Internet on a web site that's the first thing you will find if you google this Btech 928 piece of garbage.

My god it's crap.

Plenty of comments on head-fi tell it how it really is - wooly, muffled etc - you have to turn the tone knob to the right (towards treble) to clear up the muffled wooliness - and it still sounds crap.

I don't know why anyone bothers. I'm taking this Btech 928 back to the shop, never to darken my door again!

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 5
funny things btech 928s i bought one years ago and i will agree they are crap.i found it a month or so ago in the back of a draw. reading up on some of the mods possible with this i gave it a go and . WOW. ok i admit that barring the case and p.c.b every component has been changed. but its now tight.deep rich bass. crystal clear highs.and packs some serious punch.i now use this as my main amp .before fiio E10. cmoy bb. @ jap lehmann circuit amp. it makes me wonder how they made such a hash of the standard unit. i was going to purchase another btech 928 for 29 ish pounds to repeat the mods . then i spotted in another post CPC are selling a PRO-SIGNAL PSG03688 headphone amplifier for around 17 pounds. i can confirm this is internally identical to the btech 928 .with a slight case difference. the annoying thing is this sounded a lot better than a standard 928 ? i think it may be a case of hit and hope with these. but anyone with one of these should read up on . mods by rock grotto & ricardo. you wont be dissapointed

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 5
You can't expect much from a 29 pounds product. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back