BT Cable for Reshelled IEM?
Jan 18, 2018 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JOL

New Head-Fier
IMG_2027.JPG

Hi all, I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered on this forum - I performed a search but did not find any relevant results.

I've got a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 that were reshelled by Inearz last year. They are two-pin, with recessed sockets. This is probably sacrilegious amongst the audiophiles, but I use these headphones primarily to listen to music and podcasts (and watch videos) on my phone and tablet.

Now that more phone companies are moving away from standard headphone jacks, I wanted to see if there were any companies out there that make and sell bluetooth cables that would, in essence, transform my custom IEM's to semi-wireless custom IEM's. While I understand I could accomplish this by buying a product such as a Bluetooth headphone adapter, I am hoping to find a product that is much more discrete.

One company I've seen is Plussound, and it looks like they have custom Bluetooth cables w/ a 2-pin connector. However, it is unclear whether their 2-pin connector would work with the Inearz remolded IEMs, particularly since mine have the recessed sockets. I have already sent the company an e-mail, but does anyone have any experience with this particular product? In addition, are there any other companies that make custom cables that would work for my particular needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back