bsbaiss BS1 4BA+1DD IEM Impressions
Apr 19, 2023 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

msing539

Headphoneus Supremus
Starting a thread on this one... it's 4 balanced armatures and 1 biologic diaphragm 10mm dynamic driver for less than $200.

And yes, I bought it... and yes, it's really good... it put an immediate smile on my face. Too early for impressions but the soundstage, wow.

No affiliation with the brand at all, heard about them from a friend on Reddit.

61WPJNRFEDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71N2VRWdEAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61gVcnjQ-oL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71Lq41TKLxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Packaging includes:

- IEMs
- 10 pairs of tips (9 silicone, 1 foam) 3 EQ tips, 3 soft tips, 3 transparent tips, 1 foam... no idea what they all sound like yet.
- Cleaning brush
- MMCX cable terminated in 3.5 (108 core single crystal copper) with chin slider
- Leather (?) zippered hard case (not pocketable)

Amazon link for purchase: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLCWYBSD/

Currently listed at $189 with 10% off. Not the $109 one.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 6
This thing is pulling a lot of micro detail... seriously fun and engaging.

With the right track, there's almost enough sub bass for a basshead.

Really excels at pop and edm... someone else please get this thing so we can talk about it.

Very tip dependent... the EQ tips bring out the mids, suck out the bass. Makes them more neutral for what they are.

The supersoft tips are exactly that, too soft for me to get a seal, so no bass. Most comfortable though, it's like they're not even there.

The transparent tips look like Final E knock-offs but wider bore... those are what's bringing the fun.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 6
0419231655.jpg

Apr 19, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 6
Nice discovery! More competition = better.

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 6
These are a super fun set... the bass has texture, upper mids have a nice amount of energy with very good detail retrieval. They sound open and airy, but the bass is there.

Of course, everything can't be perfect at this price point. Slight BA timbre, with the wrong tips they can get a little shouty, and there's slight grain.

But after just 10 hours, the sound is becoming smoother and much more coherent. Hip hop and 80's can be added to the list of genres these work extremely well with.

Apr 30, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Just an update after listening to these more. They're still an awesome set but have now gone up in price to $180.

Final E tips work really well for me, really tame the high mids. Definitely not a boring IEM, and the soundstage remains impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back