BS2B Crossfeed Plugin v3.0 Released For Foobar2000, Winamp, & Audacious!
Apr 10, 2009 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Taikero

500+ Head-Fier
The BS2B plugin for foobar2000 has been updated as of April 7th.

SourceForge.net: Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP for foobar2000

Additionally, on April 22nd v3.0 for Winamp (supporting MediaMonkey and AIMP2 also) was released.

SourceForge.net: Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP for Winamp

Most users should select the i386 download. Only select differently if you know why you want to.

v3.0 has presets for CMoy and Jan Meier crossfeed emulation.

Also, for those of you using Audacious, the first version of this plugin has been released for the Audacious media player.

SourceForge.net: Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP for Audacious

Enjoy!

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 25
Good find. I'm going to experiment with this a bit. I usually find that it narrows the soundstage, but helps with songs with extreme stereo separation.

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 25
After using this for a few days, I can definitely tell this version of BS2B is much improved over previous ones.

Usually I'll turn on BS2B for a while, maybe 3 days or so, and then I'll turn it off for a while because it starts to grate on me.

However, I've found that I don't mind having this one on. I'm using a toned down (dB-wise, about 2/3 of preset) version of the Jan Meier preset at the moment.

Apr 16, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After using this for a few days, I can definitely tell this version of BS2B is much improved over previous ones.

Usually I'll turn on BS2B for a while, maybe 3 days or so, and then I'll turn it off for a while because it starts to grate on me.

However, I've found that I don't mind having this one on. I'm using a toned down (dB-wise, about 2/3 of preset) version of the Jan Meier preset at the moment.

Thanks for the update notice. I'm leaning towards the C. Moy setting.

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 25
I tried this one and the Naive software crossfeed. With the Naive software crossfeed the different is very subtle (almost none) while this one makes every thing lower volume.

Is the Naive software one better or is it not working ? AFAIK crossfeed shouldn't alter the sound you heard right ? It suppose to work at subconcious level ? I've been listening with the crossfeed, I really can't tell if I am less stress or not, as I didn't have a problem with stress with headphones listening.

Is crossfeed for real or do I understand it incorrectly ?

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried this one and the Naive software crossfeed. With the Naive software crossfeed the different is very subtle (almost none) while this one makes every thing lower volume.

Is the Naive software one better or is it not working ? AFAIK crossfeed shouldn't alter the sound you heard right ? It suppose to work at subconcious level ? I've been listening with the crossfeed, I really can't tell if I am less stress or not, as I didn't have a problem with stress with headphones listening.

Is crossfeed for real or do I understand it incorrectly ?

The difference is there for sure. It's most easily perceived on older tracks with extreme stereo separation. Try Lovely Rita by the Beatles some time. First without any crossfeed on, then with. The song starts off with a guitar panned completely to the left. It's very annoying to listen to on headphone. With crossfeed on it's much more pleasant.

The difference crossfeed makes is indeed subtle on most recordings without extreme stereo separation. With most electronic music I hardly notice a difference at all.

Apr 20, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #11 of 25
Added it to the Foobar 2000 plug-in directory and enabled it through preferences, but I can't hear any difference. Is it really subtle or am I doing it wrong?
Acer Aspire One with headphone out and through HotAudio USB DAC to headphone.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK guys, I give up, how the F do you install this S.

Get the right download. It's kind odd how they linked it I think. You need this link. You need the i386 file. Unzip the folder and copy the .dll in you components folder - which would most likely be C:\program files\foobar2000\components. (Re)Start foobar. You can activate the plug-in in the DSP menu. (preferences>playback>DSP)

Hope that helped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Added it to the Foobar 2000 plug-in directory and enabled it through preferences, but I can't hear any difference. Is it really subtle or am I doing it wrong? Acer Aspire One with headphone out and through HotAudio USB DAC to headphone.

Probably you aren't doing anything wrong. It's subtle indeed. Like I mentioned before, it's easier to hear when playing songs with extreme stereo separation.

Apr 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get the right download. It's kind odd how they linked it I think. You need this link. You need the i386 file. Unzip the folder and copy the .dll in you components folder - which would most likely be C:\program files\foobar2000\components. (Re)Start foobar. You can activate the plug-in in the DSP menu. (preferences>playback>DSP)

Hope that helped.

Probably you aren't doing anything wrong. It's subtle indeed. Like I mentioned before, it's easier to hear when playing songs with extreme stereo separation.

Thanks, that was driving me nuts, Im going to give it a whirl now.

Apr 20, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah right, I'll have a search for some early stereo Beatles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back