Brooklyn Meet
Jul 20, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #92 of 120
Going to open up shop at 10, but you can drop in any time you like (though we're probably going to start wrapping up around 5:30 or so).  Still trying to work out doing the free show, but it would be 6-7 if it does happen.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #95 of 120
If there is still is space available I'd love to join in on the fun. I'm one or two stops away at the Graham L stop. Of course I'd be bringing a whole slew of gear -- a Gamma 2, a Cavalli CTH Rev A, and a La Figaro 332C. Also I have several sets of cans including K701s, DT880s, and HD650s.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #96 of 120
Turns out I can't join in on the fun. Have to go to the in-law's house for the weekend and that trumps this. Bleh! Maybe next time.

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #97 of 120
Only 3 more days till the meet
smily_headphones1.gif
It looks like sat may be a hot one,Dev hope your A/C is up to the task.

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #99 of 120
It looks like my wife has other plans for me this weekend, so I'm going to have to bail out.

Sounds like a full house though and I'm going to miss a good time :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #101 of 120
Ok folk, with Saturday nearly upon us, just wanted to let people know that, as there have been a couple of drop-outs, if you checked this thread, wanted to come, but saw the cap, odds are pretty good there will be space, so by all means come on down!  Don't forget to e-mail for address - starting time is 10, we'll run till 5 or so, and my good friend Tom Larsen and I will be doing a little free show on the roof 6-7 after the meet.  As I mentioned before, I do have a few extra sources for people who need it, though they're all pro-gear, so hopefully I'll have enough RCA to TS adapters, but definitely bring some if you can.  Also, we should have enough table space, but a folding chair or two would be fantastic if anyone can bring one along.

Here's the gear I'll have on hand (excluding a bunch of Frost cables).

Headphones:

AKG K1000 (bass heavy, early S/N)
AKG K180 (1973)
Shure SRH-840
Ultrasone HFI 2200
Sennheiser HD-590
Sennheiser HD-600
Sony MDR-7506
Fischer FA-003
Audio Technica ATH-m50
Audio Technica AD-700
Superlux HD-681
Yamaha YH-3 Orthos (Moon Audio Silver Serpent re-cable).
iGrado
AIAIAI TMA-1 (on loan for review from proaudiostar.com; I'll be doing a full-length review of these in the next couple of weeks for them, so I'll post that when it's done).

Headphone Amps:

Meier Audio Stepdance
Ray Samuels Audio SR-71b
DACS Headlite2
NuForce Udac2 HP

I also, oddly enough, still have my Emotiva XPA-2 here, so if some brave soul wants to try to hook it up to a set of HE-6 phones, I do have a speaker lead to XLR 4-pin adapter I built (it's ugly, but it works), which I've been using to push my K1000s out of an Alesis RA-500 monitor amp (not a bad combo given that it's a $200 amp - pro gear can be a huge bargain that way sometimes).

DACS/Source:

I have two apple computers that can be used as a source, a laptop and my mastering rig.  I'll be hooking up my Black Lion mod RME UFX to the master rig (which has most of my music collection on it as well), and an RME Babyface to the laptop.  These are the only two sources I have (aside from an Echo DJx soundcard, which does have an 1/8" line out), however...

The UFX has six stereo outputs (as well as two TOSLINK s/pdif I/Os): 1 XLR, 3 TRS and 2 1/4" Stereo. 
The Babyface has 3 stereo outputs (as well as one TOSLINK s/pdif I/O): 1 XLR, 2 1/4" Stereo.

Both are excellent converters (the UFX is stunning), and I will have as many different types of cable and adapters as I can on hand to facilitate hooking up to them.  I'll probably run the Stedpance off of one of the 1/4" phone outputs on the Babyface, and my DACS Headlite2 (which has 4 excellent HPAs onboard, 3 for low-impedance phones, 1 for high) will be taking up one of the TRS slots on my UFX, but everything else should be more or less free.

I have about 8000 lossless tunes or so on my computer at the moment, and I have Songbird and Audirvana on there (I mainly use Sonbird for organization and metadata editing, and Audirvana for playback), so if you have some music you'd like to put on there, just ask (there's a way it needs to go on to keep my library organized), and I'd be happy to transfer it for you!  I also have XLD on each computer, if you want to rip a CD.

Can't wait to see you all there!
-Dev

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #103 of 120

Quote:
It looks like my wife has other plans for me this weekend, so I'm going to have to bail out.

Sounds like a full house though and I'm going to miss a good time :frowning2:

I had to weasel out of plans with my little lady as well and almost didn't get it, so I can relate.

You will be missed, Kerry.  Hope to see you at the Jersey meet.

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #105 of 120
I'm absolutely ecstatic for this meet! Cant wait!

Id like to mooch a source off of someone. My amp can accept SE or balanced inputs. LMK. 

Quote:
I've had to bow out due an imoending move to Florida but I look forward to drooling over the pics of the meet that I missed

I has a sad :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back