Brooklyn Dac+ or Arche for Clear
May 4, 2020 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

elicohen

New Head-Fier
I have been using the Mytek Liberty on the Focal Clear.
But I can hear the limitations and am frustrated.

Cannot decide if the next should be the Mytek Brooklyn+ (MQA)
or the Focal Arche (perfect fit for the Clear)

Please help in deciding :frowning2:

May 5, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I have been using the Mytek Liberty on the Focal Clear.
But I can hear the limitations and am frustrated.

Cannot decide if the next should be the Mytek Brooklyn+ (MQA)
or the Focal Arche (perfect fit for the Clear)

Please help in deciding :frowning2:
'

What limitations do you hear? How do you know?

I love my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge. It's great for an MQA headphone amp and streamer. But the Liberty is based on a similar, albeit older model of the ESS chipset. I think you will see some improvements, but probably in the range of $500-$600, not $1000 of difference. The Brooklyn+ has many other nice aesthetic features. You can probably get a dealer discount to reduce cost of the Brooklyn+. Also have you upgraded to the sbooster?

I sold my Focal Clear before I had the Mytek. I love the Mytek with my Stellia. Neutral, clean sound across the entire spectrum.

Did you see this comparison between Liberty and Brooklyn? https://darko.audio/2019/01/showdown-mytek-brooklyn-vs-mytek-liberty?

If you love the Focal and that is your lifer, I would consider the Arche. I only didn't go with it because no MQA (I enjoy the MQA sound) and I love Focal, but also like to dabble.

May 5, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 6
No MQA is the big issue....

I sometimes hear distortions if plugged in directly to the Liberty, especially with Opera
I am very into the Mytek aesthetics, I love how they look and their features.
On my desk I will not be able to use the phono amp which is a shame

I am tempted as the Arche is tailored to the headphones.
And balanced connection

May 5, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 6
No MQA is the big issue....

I sometimes hear distortions if plugged in directly to the Liberty, especially with Opera
I am very into the Mytek aesthetics, I love how they look and their features.
On my desk I will not be able to use the phono amp which is a shame

I am tempted as the Arche is tailored to the headphones.
And balanced connection
What distortions?

May 6, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 6
I have not heard the Brooklyn Dac+ for comparison, but got my Arche delivered on Monday and could not be happier with the combo with Clears. I do not feel the need to search for anything else, I have arrived at my final headphone rig setup.
This thread has some more experiences with Arche from more knowledgeable people: https://forum.headphones.com/t/focal-arche-dac-amp-official-thread/3730/21
Good luck with your purchase, I think whichever you will go for you can't make a bad decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back