Broken TF10 reshell or new earphones?
Jan 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gabrielnarici

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I have a broken tf10 which I send to make an analysis for a reshell, and they told that the bass drivers of the right side are broken. So the price of the reshell and the drivers replacement will be 310 dollars. I was wondering if should do the reshell or get a new earphone (not necessarily the tf10s). 
I was thinking in get the Elpis CIEM from null audio, since they already made the analysis and have my ear impressions, which I read to be a sound signature close to the tf10. I'm also considering just buying another universal instead, in that case which ones are recommended?
I hear a wide variety of music genres and I really like tf10 signature (which was improved with my lune cable).

Any suggestions?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi,

I don't think is worth the hassle. $310 USD is a hell lot to pay for a repair which won't guarantee you get the original TF10's sound signature back. I'd recommend you keep the broken pair, I'm assuming the left earpiece is fine? If so, you could be on the outlook for someone selling a broken pair with an intact right earpiece. Or you could just sell your broken pair to someone who needs spare parts. As of buying a new universal, being a TF10 user I would recommend the DUNU's DN-1000. They share that full, fun sounding signature. Big bass, huge soundstage, lots of detail. I'd even say the DUNU's are an upgrade from the TF10's, so if you are looking forward to try a new IEM which shares the TF10s sound signature, go for the DUNU's. You won't regret it. I don't know about customs, but I don't think the quality-price ratio grows linearly past the DUNUs lol. For quadruple the price of the DUNUs you won't get quadruple the SQ. 

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for help!
I get an Elpis dual-driver instead of the reshell. The DUNU wasn't in my plans, because i have an Lune cable for my tf10 and i'm planning to use them with the new earphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back