Broken Swan M200s
Sep 17, 2008 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MikoLayer

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been a happy M200 owner until they suddenly gave away; one day I came back from work and noticed there was a LOUD high pitch buzz coming from both sides with nothing being fed to the speakers. Loudness of the buzz would change with the volume knob, but not completely go away even at the lowest position.

These were just perfect for what I needed - relatively good sound with not too much space taken without a need for an amp or excessive budget / hassle. Too bad I had to go back to midilands which aren't too bad but noticeably worse in some respects. I dont feel like replacing them with something else, yet don't feel so strongly about them as to spend more to fix them than what I got them for.

I am suspecting something wrong with the onboard amplifier, could be anything else though. Where would be a good place to start?

Sep 19, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 4
The on-board amplifier is really the only place to start. Look for burned components or leaking capacitors. I've never seen the inside of the M200's, but this might be a good opportunity to upgrade some of the internal components.

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 4
it may well be a loose connection somewhere, or a broken connection inside one of the speakers.
good luck getting these fixed.

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Thx guys, its been a week since my last posting in this thread and I didnt get a chance to work on it yet
frown.gif
If anything, the left channel can work as a passive unit (ie feed it off another stand-alone amp); seems to work fine with midiland's onboard amp. Will try to finally open it up and take a look at it tonite
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back