Broken PK3s =(
Feb 24, 2009 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TehNomad

Head-Fier
The right channel doesn't work. Does anyone know if I can exchange/replace them?

Otherwise, I'm thinking of upgrading, perhaps to PK2s or OK3s. Can anyone recommend any other earbuds/portable headphones? (budget is less than $100, not interested in IEMs)

I also have a broken LOD cable that I bought for $15 off ebay. It was sitting in my pocket and the dock connector snapped off (the jack and cable are intact). Is it easy to fix and is it worth it to get it fixed?

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 3
Where did you get them and how long ago? If yuo go them at Head-Direct.com, just email Fang and ask for a replacement. Is there any wear and tear, the cable split, etc.? Just a small warning, the OKs are a little larger than the PKs, so to me, they OKs (I had the 3s) hurt my outer ears in long listening sessions. Doesn't happen with the PKs. I thought the PK3s sounded better than the 2s. Some others agree, some don't, some say they sound almost the same. Go figure.

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 3
The insulation is worn through near the jack but I'm not sure if the cable is split.

I bought them off ebay, so I'm emailing the seller (it's not head-direct) but I'm not hopeful for an exchange. I'll probably order another pair of PK3s from head-direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back