Broken MMX 300 counted as "wear and tear"?
Aug 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

keens

New Head-Fier
So in December I purchased the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 headophones for playing video games and watching TV. I bought them from amazon from a good seller and they had a 2 year warranty. About three weeks after I bought them I started hearing a buzzing sound from the left ear, another couple of weeks later the sound went out completely. I contacted the seller and they agreed to replace them. Fast forward a couple weeks later I got them back and had been using them for a couple about a week and the right ear had started to only work if I tweaked the wire, then stopped altogether. I again contacted the seller and explained what happened but this time I was told to send them in to their repair shop in NY where as since I bought them from an authorized dealer they should have been covered. But a couple of days a go they sent me an email telling they weren't covered as they counted as "wear and tear". Mind you I take very good care of my stuff and never banged them around or anything like that.

Can they charge "wear and tear" even if I had recently gotten them and they were in mint condition. Do you think they were in the right doing this? Is the price for having them fixed good?.  

We have evaluated your MMX300  headphones and have determined that the repairs needed are as follows:

This item is not covered under Beyerdynamic Factory warranty since it is considered a wear and tear item.

1    Connecting Cord assy                                                     25.95
Labor                                                                                     35.00
Shipping & Hdlg                                                                12.50
Total estimate                                                                $ 73.48

Also what does this mean? Do I send 2 emails with the credit card details?

Upon approval, please provide the following in 2 separate e-mails for security reasons:
Credit Card number, expiration date, cvc code and the name on the card.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Can you attach any pictures of the cable...? It's hard to know if 'wear and tear' is the case otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back