Broken headphone band.
Aug 19, 2016 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

donnot

New Head-Fier
Hi all, 

A while back, I had the headband of my Creative Aurvana Live 2 headphones snap right where the cup joins to the band. 3 weeks out of warranty also :frowning2:

Anyway, I have tried just about everything to join them back, and the other side also cracked, so had to cut the cables, and resolder new ones. Quite a scrappy job. http://imgur.com/P0Rd3Yn

Currently, they clamp very well to my head with an elastic band and comfort is maybe 6/10, but it's very hard to actually place the band over them initially. 

Any ideas of a better solution? Only use them at home so look isn't an issue. 

Thanks

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Hey there,
Could you provide a close up on the broken plastic part of the cup? I'll might be able to give you some advice on how to fix this, but I'd have to see if there's a possibility to attach something to make for a headband.
For example you could buy a thin aluminum or steel flat, bend it to the shape of your head, glue some memory foam to it and maybe put some leather/any other material around it, and voila, headband ready - but as I said it all depends if there's a possibility of mounting it somehow to your cans. Sadly plastic is crap and it might be very difficult or impossible to do.
Cheers.

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, don't think it'll be possible to attach something unfortunately. The plastic is quite flexible and easily snaps, and don't think I'll be able to get enough mounting pressure. I could possibly attach something to the earcups themselves, but that'll be a lot of trouble.

Currently just using them with a headband, which has turned out alright.

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah seemed like it.
Anyway, attaching something directly to ear cups is a good idea actually. If you could open them, remove the driver carefully and then drill a hole in each of the earcups put screws through them and then attach steel flat to the cups through those screws, that'd probably work without ruining the sound (if you went for flat headed screws). But it'd take some figuring out, and since you have another way of using them, it's needless.
But maybe someone else with similar problem reads this and it helps them to find a solution.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back