Broken 3,5mm socket on AK70
Oct 9, 2016 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mrazik

100+ Head-Fier
I need help guys. Thanks to my stupidity I brooked 3,5 socket on my AK70 player. Is there any hope or place, where ( preferable in EU ) and if this can be fixed? I got this player just about two weeks and I really enjoy it. I´m aware, that I can use balanced socket, but I have all my cables 3,5mm, so it is on best solution for me. Thank you very much for any advice.

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi...

first off I'm super sorry about you trouble... that is a baad feeling (breaking your stuff.. sadly I know at first hand)... 

I think if I was y'all my first move would be to contact the manufacture about the issue....  I have had surprisingly good luck getting stuff repaired (even when it clearly was my own fault)...  I just contact the support and tell them "look this was totally my fault but can you help me out getting this fixed and give me an idea of the cost" 2/3's of the time they have ended up handling it as a warranty claim  obviously YMMV but worth seeing what they say about the issue / cost of having them fix it?

probably assuming someone could get the part (correct 3.5mm jack) and get inside the thing (a lot of devices like this are a pain to get inside of), the actual repair desoldering old jack and soldering a new one in should be within the abilities of a competent tech..

but if it was me I'd try contacting support first and see what I could get going that route.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 5
Situation solved. I sent player to Czech dealer, who was willing fix my issue, but unacceptable factor of Czech Post caused, that package get lost. So my beloved AK70 is now broken and lost :frowning2:
If all will go well, that after 30days I hopefully get paid from Czech Post insured value.

Jan 10, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Resurrecting an old thread but anyone know anywhere in the UK that can replace a headphone socket. Just picked up a 2nd hand AK70 mkii and the headphones only work on the right hand side (I've tested with numerous pairs). I'll try my usual electrics guy but thought I'd ask here too. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back