Broke the bottom tip of my CK10's
Aug 26, 2011 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DannyBai

Headphoneus Supremus

You can't tell but the tip of the plug came off when it got yanked by accident.  I couldn't tell if it was broken off or it's a separate piece.  I pushed it back in by hand and there's a small space between the black part and the base of the tip.  It won't go in any further and I don't want to force it in anymore by using a pliers or any other tool.  When I plug it in to have a listen, it sounds perfectly fine.  I cannot tell any difference in sound before I broke it and the tip seems to stay in place.  I tried pulling it out without using too much force and it won't come out.  I am wondering if I should fix this and where I could get it fixed or just leave it since it's working fine.  It actually bugs me that I can see the little gap since the CK10's are my favorite earphones.  

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 7
Doesn't look wrong to me... if you're referring to the little bump on the connector before it the black part starts, all my IEMs have that. I don't think it's something to be worried about.

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Doesn't look wrong to me... if you're referring to the little bump on the connector before it the black part starts, all my IEMs have that. I don't think it's something to be worried about.

The three gold plated sections divided by the two black rings.  The top piece completely came or broke off and I had to jam it back into the socket.  I could not tell if there was a clean break because the whole plug is one piece or three separate pieces joined by the three rings.  When I listened with that piece off, I could only hear from the right earphone and nothing came from the left earpiece.  After I jammed the tip back in, there was sound from both earpieces.  So my question is that will I need to replace the plug because it is actually broken or just let it go since its working fine like the way it is.  Hope I'm explaining it right.  Thanks for answering anyway, I appreciate it.  

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 7
Oh ok I get it now. Well all I can tell you is that the contacts are separate (otherwise you would hear mono.. for stereo, the contacts must be separate so separate channels work). However, you likely broke off part of the contact that ends in the tip. In the end it means that the connector is damaged. Don't glue it back together, I suspect that you'll cut off the contact altogether.. Best to get the cable fixed or replaced I guess (you wouldn't want to lose it or have it come loose in your DAP..) or you could try to DIY it although a DIY plug may be slightly larger and heavier.

Aug 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 7
I thought so and thanks for explaining it to me.  I have no idea where to send it to get it fixed so I asked an ebay seller that I purchased a cable from and he will look at it and let me know.  Thanks for replying to my thread.  Here's a picture with the tip off.

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 7
No need for a new cable... just a new plug. Won't be as pretty as the stock plug but it will do the job. Not much cost in parts and very little labor for someone who knows what they're doing.

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
No need for a new cable... just a new plug. Won't be as pretty as the stock plug but it will do the job. Not much cost in parts and very little labor for someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks Joker.  I found a guy on ebay that goes by the seller name billybalala who will try and fix it for me at low cost.  I have no idea where else to go and I bought a cable from him and it was of good quality so I thought why not.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back