Broke my ER-4P, what should I do?
Oct 2, 2007 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sxr71

1000+ Head-Fier
I've had them for 3 years and suddenly I looked at them today and I noticed that the part where the foamies go just broke on one of them. I really didn't need this, but I am thinking of options now.

From your experience, will Etymotic take care of me or offer a reasonably priced repair?

Should I just bite the bullet and order another pair? I can't really afford it but I guess I can make sacrifices elsewhere.

Should I consider something else, even though I can't imagine using anything else? If so, what should I consider? I'm not so inclined with multiple driver designs because they introduce a crossover network, but I have never tried one and maybe I should before buying another ER-4P.

Does anyone know where to get the best price on the ER-4P, from a forum sponsor if possible? Can I buy a used pair or might someone be in the same situation and sell me one driver? Is the newer design more sturdy?

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 7
You can get them new for around $170 new many places on the world wide web.

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 7
Oct 3, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 7
Well, I guess that means I will be IEM less for 3 weeks or so. Is there something I should try if I like the Ety sound as a second pair of IEMs? Something to hold me over and be a spare IEM after the Etys come back.

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 7
I got mine for $155 shipped Xmas of 06.

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I guess that means I will be IEM less for 3 weeks or so. Is there something I should try if I like the Ety sound as a second pair of IEMs? Something to hold me over and be a spare IEM after the Etys come back.

er6i? If you are really in love with the Ety sound, nothing else will feel right. If you want to try the opposite end of the spectrum, there are plenty of choices depending on budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back