Broke my ATH-A500s today... time for a replacement
Jun 9, 2007 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Gregory_WE

New Head-Fier
Brought them to work yesterday so I didn't have my banana/headphone hangar, ended up tripping on the cord and breaking the jack. I can put it back together and you can still hear audio, but it's quieter than it was before and sometimes a little distorted. So, I'm definitely going to have to replace them.

I'm a satisifed Audio Technica customer, they sounded realllly good, but I don't think I want to buy another of the exact same pair just cause it'd be good to hear what else is out there, if I'm gonna spend the money might as well get something new.

I'm not really too sure what kind of headphones I want, I think I prefer closed over open since it seems like they sound better (less outside noise, all you can hear is your music, which is nice), although I've never had a good pair of open ones so who knows. Also, I don't know if I should even get headphones, I could try the earphone-type ones, I don't have an iPod right now but was thinking about getting one too. Are the earphone-types bad for your ears though? I'd rather not damage my hearing. Also, do they sound as good as headphones do? What are the drawbacks?

What do I want them for? Music, some gaming (not as much as I used to).
How much do I want to spend? Around the ATH-A500s pricewise would be good (~$100), although I could possibly be persuaded to spend a little more
I don't have an amp so I'd want ones that don't necessarily require one

Thanks!

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 13
as usual, I'd recommand getting one of the Beyer models.
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 13
around 100?

did you look into 595?

Id say too look to ES7 too, but they are not circum..

Jun 10, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kaotic~ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ check out the Equation Audio Eartool thread, on page 11. Jellybone lists couple online shops. I recommend RP-21, will fit your budget.

X2

though you might want to get new pads, because they start wearing you down after an hour. The beyers are suppose to be able to replace them for an extra 25 or so.

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2

though you might want to get new pads, because they start wearing you down after an hour. The beyers are suppose to be able to replace them for an extra 25 or so.

Pads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PICTURES! then jump on them, and take more pictures!

Haha, well I can take some pictures but I would imagine that they could actually be repaired... it's not like it's really messed up or anything, it's just the jack part that got pulled out. I can post pics later and see what people think.

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #13 of 13
A700, its like $20 more from AC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back