Broke HS student recabling Yuin's PK2
Nov 24, 2011 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rakyth

New Head-Fier
Well, I heard plenty about the cable's connection to the cable wearing out...and it happened. It just took a year to do so; so whatever warranty I had is out the window.

I love the PK2. It's arguably the best earbud or headphone I've ever heard. I know it has 'no bass', but if I wanted something to boom in my ear, I'd just duct tape speakers to a headband and set them to full blast. (No, I haven't been to an audio shop, and no, I can't afford anything else right now. Don't comment on this, please.)

Anyway: I have a soldering iron and was wondering where I could pick up a cheap section of wire to replace the end connector with. I'm also wondering how I'd do this in the first place.

Alternatively, would I be able to trade this pair for a clip-on? They keep falling out.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #3 of 4
it has been my experience with yuin headphones that the connection at the 3.5mm plug is generally the weakest spot, so before you consider a re cable, i would just buy a neutrik 3.5mm connector and try to replace the one that is currently on the cable. the wires are enameled, so you will need to deal with that while soldering, generally i just put a blob of solder on the tip of my iron and hold the enameled wire in it, burns off in a few seconds.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 4
How would I put a new connector on it?

Googled the connector, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for mentioning the brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back