Broke College student looking for a nice pair of cans...
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #16 of 22
None taken....In America the government gives some assistance, but disastermouse said it doesn't pay for everything...and there are so many other expenses that come with college, and little time to work that you have to cut corner where you can...hence the need for cheap quality headphones

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #17 of 22
Sound leakage is not an issue....I'm lucky enough not to have a roomate, and mostly from my android phone and my laptop without any kind of amplification.....thanks again for the advice yall I appreciate it

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #18 of 22
In my country the government pays college/university. And we also get what corresponds to a 1000$ a month for studying.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #20 of 22
Hey!

Perhaps the Superlux HD661would meet your criteria. It's the only cheap ($60≥) headphone that meets all of your specifications that I can think of.

I've never heard it, but apparently, it's pretty nice.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #22 of 22
+1 for the Brainwavz HM5. They use the same drivers as the highly rated Fischer Fa-003s, but are much cheaper. You could also try the NVX XPT100, which is the same thing but in black, and apparently, better comfort. They're on Amazon for $129 with free shipping.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624729/review-nvx-xpt100-a-direct-brainwavz-hm5-competitor

If you're going to go with a Brainwavz HM5, which is an awesome headphone, get the Jaycar Pro Monitor.

The HM5 was made by a company named Yoga, who called it the CD-880. They then sold this headphone to other companies to brand and make a profit.

Because of this, the Pro Monitor Headphone and the HM5 are completely identical.

The Jaycar is $70 shipped! The HM5 is $130.

Take it from another broke college student, the Jaycar's pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back