britney spears - toxic
Feb 7, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
Dude, those animated GIFs reminded me of being like in highschool when EGA was the hottest graphics mode. (that's 320x200x16-colors for the rest of you youngns)

Heh, I guess we belong to the same age group, I had the same thing and constant arguments between PC owners like me that played games and commodore amiga owners, who, at the time still had something to brag about, especially the poor PC sound was a nice target for therm to be hilarious about.
I really miss those days sometimes, the PC has no peers now when it comes to allround versatility.

Feb 8, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 33
I guess I am the only who likes the song...
redface.gif

Shhhhhhhh......... what's that sound!?

That's the sound of my credibility plunging into the abyss...

Feb 8, 2004 at 2:18 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by neil
Dude, those animated GIFs reminded me of being like in highschool when EGA was the hottest graphics mode. (that's 320x200x16-colors for the rest of you youngns)

You're showing your age Neil.....
frown.gif
And so am I coz I remeber them fondly.

Feb 8, 2004 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Habib
redface.gif

all the song needed was ha heavier steady kick bass;; throughout the song.. fixes the song right up..

and i also looped the catch lines and voila;; a catchy dance song for the crowd..

all edited on MD-Decks Computers suck..

Feb 8, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by (yo_alexandru
http://www.ubersite.com/m/23597 - this is good

I can't believe he made such a detailed analysis. haha.

re: EGA. I couldn't afford that. I had CGA and hated it!

Feb 9, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #28 of 33
Well... I think it's a fun little dance song, with some interesting imaging effects (I'm talking about sound here, although the video has some nice imaging too!
evil_smiley.gif
). I'm usually one to stand up for the musical talent of pop stars, but unfortunately Britney's musical talent doesn't go much further than being able to sing a simple melody on pitch (and the on pitch part may be too generous). Fortunately, when matched with a big time label studio that is enough to make some fun, bouncy music. Which is enough to keep her videos on the air
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2004 at 1:44 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

redface.gif

Mine is falling along with yours. I have nothing good to say about Ms Spears, and the lyrics do suck (if you can make them out) -- but for once I think the music is very well constructed.

All credits go to the song writer, of course.

Feb 13, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

redface.gif

Doggie Man
I'm with you, TOXIC is a cool track, very fresh.

I have the album and it's a mixed bag but there are 5-6 very cool trip hop electronica tracks with some dance/techno thrown in, and "toxic" is one of these good tracks......they remind me of MADONNAS recent "ray of light" electronica influenced album.

This shows me that at least Britney is capable of higher quality work........just needs to sustain that level for an entire album. Most of the weak tracks feature guest "rap artists" messing things up.

BTW "toxic" would make great track for extended mix.....could be wild ride if done right.
Also "outrageous" is killer track, shows great promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back