British 10 Most Stupid Laws
Nov 8, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you care to look up the laws of your own country, you will find some equally bizarre laws i am sure.

most country's hold archaic, legacy law.

that is one funny ironic quote coming from someone living in holland, where it is legal to smoke yourself to death with marijuana on every street corner and have promiscuous sex in prostitute dedicated zones!

thats real healthy!
wink.gif

Don't be ignorant, prostitution and softdrugs isn't confined to the Netherlands. It;s better to control and regulate it then to ignore or fight it (which in most cases is futile). I wouldn't classify these laws as 'dumb' since a lot of thought and consideration is put into it but I won't get into this substance too deeply before it gets political.

There seems to be a Pot smoking stereotype among foreigners (at least among the exchange students I encounter) which isn't quite true from my perspective.

Perhaps I'm reacting to strongly following your post, I'm under the impression it was meant more tongue in cheek anyway. I just had to get this of my chest
biggrin.gif

With regards
icon10.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #17 of 20
Yeah, I think he was kidding. No one has ever died from or even required hospitalization for marijuana ingestion*, so he's either kidding or ignorant.
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]*The only instances in which people have been hospitalized due to marijuana ingestion are those rare cases where some prankster spikes the local community bake sale and people freak out and go to the hospital as a precaution because they don't know that they are perfectly safe, thus I included the word "required" before hospitalization.[/size]

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #19 of 20
The throne must be preserved.

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 20
Here are some stupid Australian laws:

In Melbourne it is illegal to wear hot pink shorts after midday on a Sunday.

It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of the pavement.

In Melbourne, Australia it is illegal for men to parade in strapless dresses - but they are allowed to cross-dress in anything with sleeves.

In Australia, it's illegal to name any animal you plan to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back