Bristol (UK) meet.
Jan 18, 2007 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

stewtheking

Headphoneus Supremus
I was having a discussion with matheprat earlier this year, and we were both thinking it would be nice to hold a meet in the Bristol area. This is just a post to put out some feelers with regards to numbers, so I know if I need to be clearing out my kitchen, or looking at booking a church hall.

So, if you're in the Bristol area, and are tentatively up for a meet, then place your mark below here, and we can begin the organising.

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 22
If you're holding it the same weekend as the Sound & Vision Hi-Fi Show (February 23-25), I could certainly drop in!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Griffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bristol meet - absolutely! Count me in.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan

Nice and close for you, would be good to meet again.

Count me in as well, I have friends and family in Bristol so I offen visit.

Kirk

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Jonathan

Nice and close for you, would be good to meet again.

Count me in as well, I have friends and family in Bristol so I offen visit.

Kirk

Would be great to see you there. I've been neglecting my headphones recently in favour of speakers
frown.gif
but this is a chance to get re-indoctrinated.

Jonathan.

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Griffin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been neglecting my headphones recently in favour of speakers
frown.gif

Jonathan.

To be honest so have I. Will bring a long my CD player though, a very heavily modifed Bluenote Koala.

Kirk

Jan 20, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #10 of 22
Okay, looks like it's going to be quite a few people. I'll look into getting a larger room than my living room. It's not going to be for at least a few weeks, and will almost certainly be on a weekend.

To mofonyx, just bring some gear youd like to share with others and let them listen to.

Jan 22, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 22
Okay, brief update, I have enquired about using a students union meeting room, and that all appears fine. I need to get a date sorted with them, but it should (fingers crossed) be pretty easy. Would the date suggested by Dexdexter (making it the 24th Feb) be amenable to most people in this thread? If so, then I'll get it confirmed and set up a definitive meet thread.

Jan 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, the Union isn't too far from me.

I doubt there is an audiophile club in the University of Bristol, otherwise I would've joined already :p

Ah, apologies, I may have not been clear. I meant the UWE students union.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #14 of 22
Sounds good, sorry for the delay in replying.
mofonyx, where are you living? I'm on the top of Redland Road this year, so not too far from the union either.
The 24th doesn't sound too bad, I do have some interviews on the 26/27th though.

Jan 26, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #15 of 22
I'm on a bit off Gloucester Road.

Know where the post office is on Station Rd? I'm on Cromwell Rd. right besides Maplins.

PM me if you wanna come get a visit. I'm not studying in UWE though, I'm in UoB
smily_headphones1.gif

edit : 24th is fine with me without unforseeable circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back