Bristol (UK) Meet. CONFIRMED SATURDAY FEBRUARY 24th 2007.
Feb 6, 2007 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

stewtheking

Headphoneus Supremus
Apologies for making a new thread, I thought it would be easier to start a new one for a definite meet, rather than editing the more vague previous one.
So I just got back from the Students Union. The meet Date is now confirmed as the 24th February.

Details on how to get here can be found at this address.
http://www.uwe.ac.uk/maps/frenchay_directions.shtml

The meet is going to be held in F block, which can be found by looking at the campus map, which is here...
http://www.uwe.ac.uk/maps/frenchay_map.shtml
The meet is to be held in one of the students union meeting rooms, which I have managed to procure for the day ("You want a room for WHAT?"). It's up on the 5th floor, but don't worry, there is a lift. It will be one of the meeting rooms along the corridoor on that floor. Should be easy to spot, because it will be the only occupied room, and the only one with any headphones and amplifiers in it.

I'll be there probs from about 10:30 onwards, and will be kicking around all afternoon. People are welcome to come and go as and when. There is a bar downstairs, which serves refreshing beverages, and there are several places to obtain both pub meals and sandwiches, so catering shouldn't be a problem.

The gear/attendance list is as follows, and will be updated when I hear for definite which people are coming.

Stewtheking
AKG K1000
Senn HD580
Jecklin Float Model 1
Koss KSC75
PA2V2 (Incidentally will be up for sale after/at the meet (shameless plug))
Unity gain Cmoy
Millety Hybrid
amp for K1000 (not sure which one yet)
iPod/lineout

mofonyx
iMod 60GB
Alessando MS-1
Pending a PIMETA from Canada

cheeseboytim
senn cx300
little dot micro+
sony nw-hd5

Jonathan Griffin
Grado GS-1000 & RS-1
Senn HD650 (+ blue dragon)
Sony SA5000
Ultrasone Proline 650
Active noise-cancellers: Bose QC2, Senn PXC-250
Stax SR-001 Mk2
Amps:
Chiarra (made by PinkFloyd a few years ago)
WNA Mk1
Woo 3

matheprat
DT990s, with a slightly damaged driver
Sharp HP-400h
CX300
Cmoy
SOHA valve amp, if it's finished
And my Creative Zen

toric334
Alessandro MS-1
V-Moda Vibes
Etymotic ER4P
LittleDotMicro+
Corda Headfive

Dexdexter
Ultrasone PROline 2500
Ultrasone PROline 750
Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE
Heed Audio CanAmp
Go-Vibe V5S
iPod 5G 60GB / Qables Silvercab line-out dock
Sony CD Walkman D-EJ2000 / Monster mini>rca IC
Ultrasone S-Logic Demonstration CD

If anybody needs to contact me for more information, I respond fairly promptly to PMs, and I can give out my mobile number if you need it for getting in contact on the day itself etc.

So, make your mark below to let me know, and I'll hopefully see a good few of you on the 24th.

Feb 8, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 25
sounds great i'm definately going to make an effort to get there. One small problem though, my uncles engagement party is that night up in dunstable
blink.gif
hopefully should be able to make a few hours in the morning .Cant wait to see the k1000 's in person
k1000smile.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bump because almost none of the people from the original thread have confirmed their attendance....

Oops! Sorry, I do plan to be there, and looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh bother, this isn't gonna work out too well

Problems? Other than my two-thread-ness?

I PMed everybody from the original thread, so it should be fine... should. I'm going to PM the stragglers at the weekend, a kind of "1-weeks notice" reminder.

Feb 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 25
I'll be there
smily_headphones1.gif

With:
DT990s, with a slightly damaged driver, maybe you guys can give me a hand having a look at them?
Sharp HP-400h
580smile.gif

CX300
Cmoy
SOHA valve amp, if it's finished
And my Creative Zen

I'm looking foreward to hearing some of the gear which is going to be there, should be good. I'll probably be there earlier rather than later. Stew, you're about from half 10? I'll PM you for your number sometime, I've gotta run now.
Cheers.

Feb 16, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #9 of 25
I may be able to come to this
biggrin.gif
It's easy enough to get from Bath to Frenchay. What I've got:
Grado SR80, SR225
AKG K701
Cmoy, Linkwitz crossfeed, Meier Porta Corda mkIII
iPod 80g + Qables Silvercab line out

Feb 16, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by onocentaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may be able to come to this
biggrin.gif
It's easy enough to get from Bath to Frenchay. What I've got:
Grado SR80, SR225
AKG K701
Cmoy, Linkwitz crossfeed, Meier Porta Corda mkIII
iPod 80g + Qables Silvercab line out

Cool, yeah it's only 1 bus isn't it? I won't put your gear on the top post yet, as you are not a confirmed, but that gear'd be a nice addition to the mix, meaning we will have top end offerings from pretty much all the major manufacturers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by matheprat
I'm looking foreward to hearing some of the gear which is going to be there, should be good. I'll probably be there earlier rather than later. Stew, you're about from half 10? I'll PM you for your number sometime, I've gotta run now.
Cheers.

Yup, probably half 10 onwards, and no probs about PMing for my mobile number for whatever reason...

Feb 19, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeseboytim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds great i'm definately going to make an effort to get there. One small problem though, my uncles engagement party is that night up in dunstable
blink.gif
hopefully should be able to make a few hours in the morning .Cant wait to see the k1000 's in person
k1000smile.gif

Will be traveling with this one right here
tongue.gif

Pretty much in the same situation, gotta be back by 3ish to get to work.

I have:
Alessandro MS-1
V-Moda Vibes
Etymotic ER4P
LittleDotMicro+
Corda Headfive

Only source I have is my Rio Karma, can't really take the PC.

EDIT: Anyone who isn't too far away from me, willing to give rides if needed.

Feb 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #12 of 25
First of all, thank you, stewtheking, for your timely PM reminders!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad to see that more folks have committed to attending the meet. I'm traveling to Bristol from Brussels this week for the Sound & Vision Show at the Mariott City Centre. As such, I had originally suggested this coming weekend for the meet date hoping it would be in close proximity to the Hi-fi show so I could pop 'round for a couple of hours before heading back to the exhibits.

When I learned that the meet would be about a 30-40 minute bus ride from my hotel, the prospect of attending became slightly more daunting, and I've been on the fence, so to speak, since then.

So I thought I'd ask here if what I could possibly bring would be of any genuine interest to anybody:

Ultrasone PROline 2500
Ultrasone PROline 750
Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE

Heed Audio CanAmp
Go-Vibe V5S

Cheers, Dex

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad to see that more folks have committed to attending the meet. I'm traveling to Bristol from Brussels this week for the Sound & Vision Show at the Mariott City Centre. As such, I had originally suggested this coming weekend for the meet date hoping it would be in close proximity to the Hi-fi show so I could pop 'round for a couple of hours before heading back to the exhibits.

When I learned that the meet would be about a 30-40 minute bus ride from my hotel, the prospect of attending became slightly more daunting, and I've been on the fence, so to speak, since then.

So I thought I'd ask here if what I could possibly bring would be of any genuine interest to anybody:

Ultrasone PROline 2500
Ultrasone PROline 750
Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE

Heed Audio CanAmp
Go-Vibe V5S

Cheers, Dex

Well, I'd personally like to hear some ultrasones, as I haven't heard any yet ever. Jonathan has one pair coming, but it'd be great to hear the others.

I'm not as worried by the amplifiers, as I know I'm a tube guy.

It would clearly be great to see you, but if you don't feel you want that much time away from the Sound and Vision show (I had a quick look at the website and admittedly it does look pretty cool) then I'd understand.

Stew

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #14 of 25
Hi Dex,

I'd like to hear the Heed CanAmp after all the discussion it's caused. Maybe I could give you a lift instead of one of those bus rides. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Ultrasone PROline 2500
Ultrasone PROline 750
Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE

Heed Audio CanAmp
Go-Vibe V5S

Cheers, Dex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back