brisbane/gold coast stores/head-fiers
Jun 18, 2004 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

commando

Headphoneus Supremus
Are there any stores on the Gold Coast of Australia or in Brisbane that stock a good range of high end headphones? I'm off there for a holiday in a couple of months and I thought with it being a big city there might be places that have good cans to try.

Alternately is there a head-fi'r there who has high end grados, A900s, Senn 600/650/595s that they'd be happy for me to have a listen too? In NZ places don't really stock good cans, the prices here are very high too.

Jun 18, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 11
hi most shops in brisbane stock sennheiser. i'm not too sure which ones in particular, but av domain at toowong stock senns (not sure of models)

other than that i have a sr225 that you can listen to. another guy here, bioxeed has a pair of dt770s. not sure of any other people in brisbane though. another guy in brisbane has sr225s as well.

Jun 18, 2004 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 11
Hey Commando,

Make a real holiday of it! Come down to Sydney and you'll have lots of options including listening to my MS-pros.

Besides, the beer is MUCH better in Sydney.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Jun 18, 2004 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 11
Or, if you make it to Perth....
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2004 at 11:18 AM Post #6 of 11
Great Commando, by then I should have some interesting gear for you to listen to. And if 3lusive3 gets his PPX3... heck, even I'm excited waiting for him to hear it!

Enjoy Queensland till you get "down South" to Sydney!

Cheers,

Tony AAA

Jun 19, 2004 at 11:48 AM Post #7 of 11
i'm in sydney, maybie we can orginise a mini meet somewhere in the city? that would be nice.

I have

-KSC50
-mx500
-PX200

heh, all the cheap phones
wink.gif

and maybie

-DT440

soon...

Jun 19, 2004 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 11
Hey Commando... see what you started! Now you'll have to come to Sydney and host a meet!!!

Why don't us Sydneysiders look up the meeting forum in about a month and co-ordinate something. And sorry to get a bit off topic, but heck Commando, by the time you get here we might have a mini-head-fi group going.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Jun 20, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 11
There aren't really any places in Brisbane that are *that* worth going to for headphones. As was said above, plenty of places (like JB Hi-fi) stock Sennheiser and will probably have some on display for you to listen to. Toombal Music probably have some hi end Sennheisers to listen to. If you can't find any places that will let you audition HD600s, I'd be more than happy to let you try mine out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back