Brisbane, Australia Meet
Jun 8, 2006 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hugz

1000+ Head-Fier
Okay well I may as well make a thread for this meet since it's starting to get planned a little...

I'm still working on finding a location for it. QUT charges $140 or so, so I'm calling around a bunch of other places to try and find somewhere free or cheaper. I was initially hoping to hold it at a local hifi shop that offered his place up, but it looks likely that his place is too small for it.

If anyone is willing to donate their house for the few hours then that would be awesome. I'd be sure to come early to help do any setup and stay late to help clean up.

The current list of people coming so far looks to be:

Me (hugo)
becomethemould (peter)
Geoff Rymer (i'll take a guess that his name's geoff)
John of COEM Audio
Daniel of COEM Audio
Mezevenf
bioxeed (kumaran)
LoBeS (jon)
magicsun
bex (leslie)
triggerhippie (pat) from OCAU
...possibly okief from planetaudio.com.au

This looks like a fairly respectable list to me, so far.

So far the list of gear is:
Headphones:
Alessandro MS-1
Alessandro MS-2
Sennheiser HD-580 w/ HD-600 grill, HD-650 cable
Sennheiser HD-424
Sennheiser HD-590
Sennheiser HD-600
Etymotic ER-6
Grado HF-1
Sennheiser PX-100
Koss KSC-35
AKG K701
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT-880
Audio Technical ATH-AD700

Amps:
Original Master
Ming Da MC66-AE
MINT
Dared MP5
Headroom Total Airhead
World Audio Design HD83 (DIY)
PA2V2
Talisman T-3H
Firestone Audio Cute Encore

Sources:
Studer a727
Nakamichi CD-4 - Upgraded clock etc
Sony XA777ES SA CD player
Lenco L78, highly modified (turntable)
Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck (turntable)
Revox B790 (turntable) [although no one's expecting him to bring all 3. If he brings ANY i'm sure he'll just bring 1 because that's a big haul]
Original A8S
Original A8T
Zhaolu DAC
laptop + M-Audio Firewire Audiophile soundcard
Iriver H140
iriver H340

which also looks like a fairly decent list of gear. Unfortunately we dont have any super high enders, but there's a good range of stuff in the more realistic pricerange for many of us anyway

Headphonic (http://www.headphones.com.au) and COEM Audio (http://www.coemaudio.com.au) have both offered to lend some gear to the meet. Since coem is brisbane based their stuff is already added to the list.. headphonic's contribution is yet to be known since they are located in south australia so additional planning is needed, but snufkin's kind offer is greatly appreciated

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 5
I live in brookfield (generally known by it's common names "the sticks" or "woop woop"). I'd be happy to volunteer up my house for the meet but I suspect that i live too far away from most people. Lemme know. In the meantime i'll keep up the search for places to use in central locations

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 5
So far we have 2 gold coasters planning to come, and one thinking about it.

Would it be convenient for you guys to do some kind of a car pool arrangement? If so you should post up in this thread to organise it

And on that note, if anyone approximately between brookfield and west end are having problems with transportation, I may be able to drive you. However I also suspect that I may have to go a bit earlier than the others in order to set things up or whatnot. Either way, if transport is a real issue for you then post up and we'll work something out

Jun 8, 2006 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bioxeed
If we're adding portable gear as well I can add a H340 (running rockbox) and ksc-35's as well to my list of stuff to bring.

Ah sweet. Portable gear is definately welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back