Brisbane, Australia meet [July]
May 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #271 of 408
My ALO Amphora Amp just arrived today!! 
dt880smile.png

And I might have an Audio-GD Reference 5 by the time of the meet too (or another DAC in that price range)

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #274 of 408
anyone bringing a speaker amp to drive them?

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #279 of 408

I'm sure it'd be fun for a few days till the novelty wears off
Quote:
No, I was just trying it at next byte (a store)

Edit: not that I wouldn't buy it, I actually liked it very much.

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #280 of 408
I dunno, I think a netbook would be more suited to my uses. Still, the iPad isn't that expensive, especially if you don't have a netbook or if you want to jump on the ebook bandwagon (fewer people than you think).

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #281 of 408
well portable digital output is pretty appealing. if only there was a HiFACE driver for it, iPAD teamed with my portabuffalo would be an awesome travel rig, can even stream my library from home if space runs out.I 

think the chuckles above will be snuffed out and replaced by grumbles soon enough. 2 million sales and counting. I saw one the other day in real usage, real estate came over with one and said it was a total boom for his business. i've been offered a wifi one by a customer in the states as part of a contra deal and i'm seriously considering it, if it was the 3g one I would snap it up in a second.

will also make the coolest wifi remote for my speaker rig, battery life is supposed to be unbelievable. I dont realy quite need a laptop, but I use my iphone for business quite frequently, if i'm away from home I just carry on on the iphone, but the iPAD seems like a good medium. 

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #283 of 408

Users who are viewing this thread

Back