Brightside
Jan 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lubinski

New Head-Fier
Hey Guy's I just recieved a pair of ath-m50's for Christmas( got the on sale for $105 on amazon) and went out a bought an mp3(Eclipse model T2800) witch was "ok" with in ear headphones but when I got the m50's it just sounded terrible. I decided to put some music on my phone witch is a samsung brightside. It has some sound effects like bass enhancement that the ipods have and it sounded much better than my mp3 bust still not as good as the ipods. I am thinking on getting an amp but I'm not sure if my phone will affect the amp like the ipods. My price range on the amp is $ 100 and I was thinking on and fiio E11. I listen to everything but country if you need to know what I listen too.

Any help will be appreciated thanks!

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Ipod generally have better internal dac's than phones which is why they typically sound better.  You would benefit from an external amp+dac.  In your budget, the Fiio E07k is probably your best option.  Get a Fiio L5 cable (compatible with sony walkman, but you have to double check if it's compatible for your phone).  That should improve sound quality. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I had already ordered a E11 but this isn't a problem becasue I can just sell it too a friend. It came with a wall charger and an extra battery so I couldent pass it up. The L5 cable is not compatible with my phone( its not a smartphone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back