Brighter Headphones vs. Just up the EQ a bit?
Jul 6, 2016 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ghaunty22

100+ Head-Fier
For typical music listening part of me can't help but wonder & also is curious if I could get pretty close to a Pair of Grado sr325's or something mid range that is bright just by adjusting the software EQ. My thinking is after a while you will get use to the sound anyway & most typical music is probably not worthy of it. With my HD600's the EQ makes them sound so different & after a while I like going back n forth from flat to EQ adjusted.

Sorry if this is not the proper section to post.

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 2
It can differ per headphones type, but I find it generally harder to EQ a treble peak down than upping the treble of a veiled' pair of headphones.
My D5000s for instance, their treble (especially at 4khz) can be pretty peaky. I got used to it, but ocassionaly it grates a little too much and while I can EQ the brightness of the tone down, the peak itself, the sharpness hasn't lost all of its bite. Tonally it gets darker, but without complete relief, it can still be fatiguing. While upping the treble of a pair that as little highs hardly ever results in fatigue, the resullt isn't always that natural, becasue in a way you are artificially adding treble information, but still I find this preferable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back