"Bright" Can Recommendations
Oct 10, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #16 of 20
The Audio Technica AD900 sound like they would be a good headphone for you since you won't be using an amp ,and these are very easy to drive well.They're very detailed and definitely more on the bright side,but it is still a relatively warm headphone and has beautiful mids and bass.These are open headphones not to be confused with the closed A900 which I've tried but they don't come close in terms of soundstage,air and detail to the AD900,they're about equally bright though.

.I also enjoy my headphones to be slightly brighter,really makes stuff like cymbals and small intricate details in heavily layered songs stick out.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #18 of 20
The SR-Lambda Pro are a fairly bright pair of headphones.
They can be had for less than $300, and you might actually like them...
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #19 of 20
The MB Quarts I demo'd were the QP-400 and QP-450. They both share the same drivers, and therefore have a similar signature, but the earcup housing acoustics are different. IIRC, the QP-450 had a more open ambient kind of sound, while the 400 was a little more closed-in sounding.

Ive heard all the cans mentioned this far, except the AD900 and all in the Lambda series. These MB quarts take the cake IMHO... they are BY far the brightest cans I have ever heard.

I generally prefer bright cans (RS1, A250)... but these MB cans blew those out of the water. They are bright to the max... unlistenably bright to my ears, which may be a blessing depending on your sonic preferences.

FWIW, the HD580 is not what I would consider to a be bright sounding, although it is brighter than the HD650... IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back