Brickwall/Zero Surge: How are these isolated outlets???
Jul 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

The Slow Down

New Head-Fier
Can anyone explain how the outlets in the picture below are isolated? LC Filters for each receptacle?

I took apart three separate units from two different companies using the same licensed technology and they are all the same. I bought these directly from the companies and paid extra for the isolated outlets to prevent "crosstalk" between components on one duplex to another.

Is this like the fake Shunyata isolated outlets? Well, at least Brick/Zero don't claim the outlets are completely isolated (physically).

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 3
LOL......

Tweak magic is so alluring.

Good move to "peek" under the hood.

The gray circular items on the black wires are your LC filter.

Isolation: Define what you are thinking here. Physical isolation as in shielded wire and metal barriers?

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply. I guess I was thinking the isolation would somehow be more elaborate than the LC filter. Although it makes sense that the 'isolation' can only go so far as all the outlets in the box eventually lead to one outlet in the wall.
redface.gif

I somehow expected more - although the $30 - $40 price hike vs. the non-isolated models in the 8-outlet range is still peanuts compared to other solutions.

Still, I'm a bit unimpressed. Under the guidance of my father who is very good with EE I might try this next time just for fun:

http://www.10audio.com/diy_power_conditioner.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back