brick and mortar store
May 10, 2005 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

chronoso

100+ Head-Fier
i've been looking to have a listen to some new 'phone to augment/replace my 580s but the only places that sell high end headsets are online stores...which kinda limits my ability to give them a listen or even see if they fit my head. the only store around is guitarcenter, where the guy keeps trying to get me to buy beyer dt770s. so does anyone know of any decent hi-fi/audiophile stores in the worcester/boston area?

May 11, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chronoso
i've been looking to have a listen to some new 'phone to augment/replace my 580s but the only places that sell high end headsets are online stores...which kinda limits my ability to give them a listen or even see if they fit my head. the only store around is guitarcenter, where the guy keeps trying to get me to buy beyer dt770s. so does anyone know of any decent hi-fi/audiophile stores in the worcester/boston area?

Hmmm, I finding it difficult to believe that locating a good shop in Boston is hard, so let's get a bit of help from the manufacturer's themselves.

Try Sennheiser's authorized dealer's list for a nice start:
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...=Massachusetts

May 11, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 8
Check with the Boston Audio Society. Man, I'd kill for something like that here in the hinterlands of Idaho - we've got one high-end store that is slowly turning into home theater central.
eek.gif

-Drew

May 11, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chronoso
the only store around is guitarcenter, where the guy keeps trying to get me to buy beyer dt770s.

Yeah the guys at GuitarCenter are all convinced that DT770 is the be all and end all of headphones. I brought in my ATH-AD7s and the guy listened to them for about 30 seconds took off the headphones and then just kind of backed away.

May 11, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith
Yeah the guys at GuitarCenter are all convinced that DT770 is the be all and end all of headphones. I brought in my ATH-AD7s and the guy listened to them for about 30 seconds took off the headphones and then just kind of backed away.

I thought I was the only one. They kept telling me how "loud" the phones were. I tried to tell them that "loudness" was not a concern to me, but it was obviously a concern to them.
rolleyes.gif

May 11, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
I thought I was the only one. They kept telling me how "loud" the phones were. I tried to tell them that "loudness" was not a concern to me, but it was obviously a concern to them.
rolleyes.gif

It's a very important quality if you are using them on stage or during an electric jam session for live monitoring, as you can well imagine with the (now common layout of having the) amp stacks behind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back