Breaking in the ADH700 Audio Technia Headphones
Apr 3, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #16 of 41
They're Pink... LoL

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #17 of 41
i thought they are pinkish / purple combo.

Apr 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #18 of 41
The 700's sound great out of the box. IMO, there is no need to "burn in" these cans. The bass seemed to get a little better after two weeks of listening, but the bass tightened up and was a little more pronounced. Don't know, or would be terribly concerned about "burn in"

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 41
They are a purple/pinkish color, more purple i suppose.

Also either way they will get broke in themselves, but i played them for 8 hours straight while working.

I could tell right away they are going to need an amp.

Apr 4, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by 901-Memphis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also i am not very familiar with these sections yet, can someone link me the music sticky he was talking about?

Sorry, it's not where I said it is and I can't find it now so have uploaded it to Rapidshare for you. Just play it in repeat mode at medium volume while you sleep for about a week.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

This file can only be downloaded 10 times so let Memphis get it first.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #21 of 41
Thanks i got the file, so its up for grabs to anyone else.

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 41
My new M-50's sounded "cupped or inverted" in the midrange. The highs and lows sounded good though. Read a lot about burn-in and decided to do a dedicated 48 hour trial. Wowsa ! the midrange came alive and now they sound much better. Good depth and detailed, more than enough bass for me and also sparkling highs. I will keep my M-50

I just plugged them into my stereo jam box phone jack, set level a bit above normal and burn-baby-burn.

Try it ... nothing to lose ...
icon10.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #23 of 41
They are going to get broke in one way other another through normal use. I play FPS games at good volume levels, i listen to music on them, and also i have already ran them 1 solid day on a various music list while at work.

Right now i am running the low frequency file on repeat.

Does anyone know if you can put the volume too high for a low frequency test overnight?

I don't know if it breaks them in better at medium volume or not. I have it at about 70% on windows volume control.

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ad700s change more by switching sources and amps than burn in. Just use them, don't worry about burn in.

The man knows what he is talking about. I have three different sounds from, integrated amp(most bass), portable amp(boosted bass, but not full like the integrated amp), and portable source, weakest of the three, but light years better sound than I've had in twenty years.

Apr 6, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #26 of 41
Even with my limited knowledge of headphones and amps, i could tell that these things would need an amp right out of the box.

The real question is, what do i need to know about amps?

Is there a buyers guide for amps stickied somewhere?

What kind of price range should i be looking at for an amp? And whats the main difference between a cheap amps and a really expensive amp?

Apr 6, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #27 of 41
Main difference is quality of parts used and usually the amount of power they can output. That's not always the case though. A friend bought a Fubar iCute SS amp and it cost not much less than my LunchboxPro tube amp and yet my LunchboxPro can output twice as much power as his iCute. LunchboxPro has internal PSU and his iCute has crap walwart. I would say LunchboxPro is much better buy than iCute even if it does cost a bit more. YMMV.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #28 of 41
Got any links? I can't google either of those for crap

Apr 6, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #30 of 41
You'll probably get more help if you start a new topic in the DAC or AMP sections of this forum.

You'll have to state your price range for the DAC and AMP before you really start getting anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back