Breaking in the ADH700 Audio Technia Headphones
Apr 3, 2009 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

901-Memphis

Head-Fier
So i am to take delivery of my AT ATH-AD700s tomorrow (According to UPS) and was wondering if anyone knows a good break in procedure. I did a quick search but came up empty.

I don't know if this is a myth or not but i have heard several people say they have had better sound with broke in head phones than new out of the box ones.

I was planning on running a variety of music through my headphones overnight or while at work. I have a collection of various techno, trance, metal, rock, heavy bass songs, as well as a few other random stuff i was going to throw in there and run them at a fairly high volume to see if i can get any better sound quality when listening at lower sound levels.

Anyone have any advice to offer on this matter?

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 41
You can burn them in with pink noise/white noise or...

you can do it the foolproof way and simply play the music you like at slightly above your normal listening volume for a while and let the phones "mature".

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 41
According to what i ordered from Electronic Expo its the Audio Technica ATH-AD700

I fixed it in the 1st post.

Also i am not very familiar with these sections yet, can someone link me the music sticky he was talking about?

Apr 3, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 41
Even though you ordered the AD700, I'm 100% sure you'll receive the A700 instead since that's what happened to everyone who ordered from them.

It's like a bait and switch, but then they're sending you something more expensive so can't really call it that.

Apr 3, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though you ordered the AD700, I'm 100% sure you'll receive the A700 instead since that's what happened to everyone who ordered from them.

It's like a bait and switch, but then they're sending you something more expensive so can't really call it that.

Is the AD 700 newer than the ADH700s? Or is one much better than the other? I know one costs more but how about performance

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #10 of 41
The A700 is the closed variant of the AD700, which is open.

I have not heard the AD700 myself, but the AD700 suppose to be better except for bass impact.

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #11 of 41
Well that sounds fine by me, i am sure either one will impress me a little.

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #13 of 41
Uhhh Junk.

Currently using dime-store 2.0s

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #14 of 41
Nope, i got the AD700s, the open air ones. I am using them now and they sound great out of the box, but one way or another they will mature with use.

I probably would have preferred the closed version because its like you can hear what i am hearing if you sit around me, but love em so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back