"bread thread"
Apr 21, 2005 at 6:29 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
I live in L.A.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Now isn't this enough reason to visit NYC?

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Now isn't this enough reason to visit NYC?

You got me there. Can I crash at your place?
biggrin.gif

you tihnk their bread is sold at Whole Foods or something like that? or is it local only?

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

You got me there. Can I crash at your place?
biggrin.gif

you tihnk their bread is sold at Whole Foods or something like that? or is it local only?

[size=medium]Explore the Amy's Bread site:[/size]

[size=large]Amy's Bread website[/size]

Huzzah! You can have them overnight shipped!

They do make lots of nice breads... I'm just addicted to the Tangy Sourdough.

Apr 21, 2005 at 7:09 AM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Shipped overnight??!?!?

HOLY CRAP!!!

they win.

biggrin.gif
If you actually try it, let us know how it turns out.

Apr 21, 2005 at 12:32 PM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Okay, I've got a question for your bread lovers. I too love the stuff, and I KNOW that whole wheat is supposedly much better for you than white bread. But for starters, forget multi-grain, I dont want no stinking seeds or things in my bread, it has to be all on texture inside!

JC

I gotta agree with you, i cannot stand all that nasty stuff that's shoved inside a multi-grain bread. Damn hippy bread
tongue.gif

Romanee, i'll have to try amy's bread one day, thanks for the tip!
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #37 of 52
Okay, I'm still waiting for someone to provide me some information regarding the questions I asked. I need to be better informed on this topic! Thanks.

JC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Okay, I've got a question for your bread lovers. I too love the stuff, and I KNOW that whole wheat is supposedly much better for you than white bread. But for starters, forget multi-grain, I dont want no stinking seeds or things in my bread, it has to be all on texture inside!
Seriously though. I have a couple stores that I can access that offer artisanal, organic breads that are wonderful, but they are all types of "white" bread. These are crusty and delicious and certainly seem like quality stuff, and not cheap. If its artisanal, and organic wouldnt it still be good for you whether it was white, or not? Is it just the flour being white that makes it less healthy?
I'm confused, and, as I said, they offer these breads in baguettes, Italian country loaves, Italian flat loaves, basil and olive oil, and a number of other ways, but all white. The only darker bread is one with black beans and salsa thats way too heavily flavored.
Thanks for any help in clearing this up for me, Thanks.

JC

Apr 22, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
bread sucks go ATKINS

hahahaha

kudos to the genius to made the incredible scientific discovery, that eating bread, something man has been doing since the beginning of time, will actually make you fat!
tongue.gif
I guess the last few centuries of people must have been incredibly obese?

Apr 22, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
kudos to the genius to made the incredible scientific discovery, that eating bread, something man has been doing since the beginning of time, will actually make you fat!
tongue.gif

who cares, bread is yummy.

mmmmm bread. (spoken in Homer voice of course
biggrin.gif
)

yknow what the problem is with the Atkins diet? It doesn't allow for variations in body type and metabolism. Some people's bodies are made for meat. Others are made for grains. It really is true... I know people who try as hard as they can to be vegetarians, but once in a while HAVE to eat meat. Or other folks that just NEED grains and starches everyday. Different strokes for different folks man, bodies are complex and everyone is different, that's why dieting NEVER works. Eat what you feel is healthy for you, because you know yourself best. And keep to general truths like processed food is less healthy, drinking and smoking isn't very healthy, etc. And excersize. Pretty much common sense with some intuition. No book can tell you what kind of body chemistry you have. And if it does, it's either wrong... or the best book ever and should be selling copies like mad!!!!
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #41 of 52
incase you didnt pick up on it, my post was layered thicky with sarcasm, but anywho, I completely agree. Diets are not my thing and never will be, eating right is just one part of being healthy, the other is exercising. Depriving your body of certain nutrients is not being healthy, and is the lazy person's substitute for exercise. Seriously what are some people thinking? Diet pills? If they worked why would there be a single obese person left in North America? Duhhhh...

Apr 22, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
tongue.gif

Well... eating Bread is quite recent...
Only the last 400 or 500 human generations...
icon10.gif

4kk9so

[size=medium]
A high carbs, low fat diet
is the recommended diet in America for many years,[/size]

That diet can... and MAKES... people fat and unhealthy...

Someone must be profiting with that...
evil_smiley.gif

4ktrtx

Proof is everywhere to see,
(for those with honesty...
lambda.gif
)

4ktrnq

Apr 23, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #43 of 52
Raisin & Cinnamon Bread - toasted with just a hint of butter - YUMMY!!!

Apr 23, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack
Raisin & Cinnamon Bread - toasted with just a hint of butter - YUMMY!!!

HINT of butter? whatever. be a man. slather that thing with half a stick. THAT is what *I* call yummy.

Apr 23, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Have you tried Panera Bread? I love their sourdough rolls.
For the Rye, though, you will need to come to our city (NY) and become Jewish
tongue.gif
in order to visit the best bread places

Panera cinammon crunch bagels are incredibly delicious too, half the people I know have become virtually addicted to them. Sadly though, I am sure that they dont remotely resemble the healthy virtues of a "standard" bagel.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back