Apr 20, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #24 of 52
Bread tastes good, yes.
I was a integral bread lover for long time
smily_headphones1.gif

Liked particularly Integral rice bread
smily_headphones1.gif

German dark rye bread (Pumpernickel), with butter ahhhh
smily_headphones1.gif

Integral breads, most of them... toasted bread to...

In fact the only thing i did not liked in a bread,
was when it was old, had sugar, or was very hard.

Once i tasted a garlic bread i did not liked,
but it was made with refined flour and by a inexperient cooker.

Most of dogs i had did not eat bread, not any cat i had either
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=medium]Here is a table of several breads compositions[/size]

4jsspl

[size=medium]Here is a table of the effects of some breadless diets[/size]

4jp57c

Apr 20, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #25 of 52
My favorite is the bread you get at Outback Steakhouse. Kind of a dark, sweet bread.

My girlfriend's dog loves french bread. It's hilarious seeing it salivate when we eat dinner.

Apr 20, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #26 of 52
I haven't had it in years, but as a kid I used to love malt bread, toasted and slathered in melted butter. I'll have to see if they still make those small, round, unsliced loaves.

Quote:

My favorite is the bread you get at Outback Steakhouse. Kind of a dark, sweet bread.

That sounds like malt bread.

Apr 21, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #27 of 52
Okay, I've got a question for your bread lovers. I too love the stuff, and I KNOW that whole wheat is supposedly much better for you than white bread. But for starters, forget multi-grain, I dont want no stinking seeds or things in my bread, it has to be all on texture inside!
Seriously though. I have a couple stores that I can access that offer artisanal, organic breads that are wonderful, but they are all types of "white" bread. These are crusty and delicious and certainly seem like quality stuff, and not cheap. If its artisanal, and organic wouldnt it still be good for you whether it was white, or not? Is it just the flour being white that makes it less healthy?
I'm confused, and, as I said, they offer these breads in baguettes, Italian country loaves, Italian flat loaves, basil and olive oil, and a number of other ways, but all white. The only darker bread is one with black beans and salsa thats way too heavily flavored.
Thanks for any help in clearing this up for me, Thanks.

JC

Apr 21, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #28 of 52
Sourdough or Rye!!!

Anyone know a GREAT brand of STRONG sourdough and strong 100% rye?

These are VERY hard to find... my tongue finds most sourdough breads to be completely devoid of the sourdough "signature" (i.e. way too mild), and most rye bread is like 25% rye (i.e. just like most "wheat" bread)

Thanks lots!

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Sourdough or Rye!!!

Anyone know a GREAT brand of STRONG sourdough and strong 100% rye?

These are VERY hard to find... my tongue finds most sourdough breads to be completely devoid of the sourdough "signature" (i.e. way too mild), and most rye bread is like 25% rye (i.e. just like most "wheat" bread)

Thanks lots!

You hit my bread button!

You have got to go to Amy's Bread in NYC (have to eat it fresh) --- the Tangy Sourdough Mini-Boule is scuhrumptious -- and their best bang for buck. They do carry a boring white bread eater's version called "country sourdough" ... get the TANGY sourdough mini-boule... $1 each... small and crusty... very tangy... lots of sourdough character. Definitely not generic bread.

[size=medium]TAKE NOTE NEW YAWKUHS... Try This Bread![/size]
[...please... leave a few for me...]
k1000smile.gif

-------------------
...had to add: [size=small]one great prep for the Tangy Sourdough Mini Boule (small, round loaf)[/size] -- lightly toasted slice with really good olive oil [Lucini is good ... not great, but one of the better readily available oils ... light grassy or herby fragrance], thin slice of aged Reggiano or 4-yr old extra sharp cheddar, maybe thin slices of a good heirloom tomato, sprinkle with dried sweet basil and fresh ground Tellicherry pepper... glass of good red wine (your choice)... Yummmmmm.
(If you love this, get the big Tangy Sourdough Boule ... holds more cheese & tomatoes.)

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
You hit my bread button!

You have got to go to Amy's Bread in NYC (have to eat it fresh) --- the Tangy Sourdough Mini-Boule is scuhrumptious -- and their best bang for buck. They do carry a boring white bread eater's version called "country sourdough" ... get the TANGY sourdough mini-boule... $1 each... small and crusty... very tangy... lots of sourdough character. Definitely not generic bread.

[size=medium]TAKE NOTE NEW YAWKUHS... Try This Bread![/size]
[...please... leave a few for me...]
k1000smile.gif

I live in L.A.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back