BRAVO OCEAN VS XDUOO TA-01?
Sep 13, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 10
Sep 13, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 10
The Xduoo TA-01 DAC/amp comes with a built DAC function (dual WM8740 chips).
https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-ta-01-dac-amp
The Bravo Ocean is only a headphone amplifier.
So I vote TA-01.
I hear you but I have a dedicated dac (Jds labs el dac) which is probably better. I should have asked if anyone has compared the amp section with the bravo ocean or other amps. I'm interested in overall sound quality, power, soundstage, bass etc.. I realize the question is subjective and hard to pin down. Thanks for your response.

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 10
Absolutely zero experience with the Xduoo, sorry. Never even seen one. That said, there are quite a few people who have paired the Ocean with an HD6-series, including me, and I don't think I remember anyone complaining. However, to get the most out of the Ocean, you are definitely going to want to do some tube rolling. A nice tube complement can really elevate the Ocean, IMO. Not sure where you are located, but amazon US has the Bravo Ocean for $62.88 at the moment, which makes ordering whatever tubes one chooses a bit easier.

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 10
Absolutely zero experience with the Xduoo, sorry. Never even seen one. That said, there are quite a few people who have paired the Ocean with an HD6-series, including me, and I don't think I remember anyone complaining. However, to get the most out of the Ocean, you are definitely going to want to do some tube rolling. A nice tube complement can really elevate the Ocean, IMO. Not sure where you are located, but amazon US has the Bravo Ocean for $62.88 at the moment, which makes ordering whatever tubes one chooses a bit easier.
I'm in the U.S. I noticed today that the ocean is going for $62 I seem to emember it use to go for around $110. Anyway, What are some tubes you have had luck withi f i can ask?

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 10
I'm in the U.S. I noticed today that the ocean is going for $62 I seem to emember it use to go for around $110. Anyway, What are some tubes you have had luck withi f i can ask?
I guess historically, I have been pretty happy with old NOS RCAs of various sorts. Mullard, Gold Lion. Some people like Electro Harmonix. The possibilities are nearly endless, which I guess is part of the fun.

Sep 13, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 10
I hear you but I have a dedicated dac (Jds labs el dac) which is probably better. I should have asked if anyone has compared the amp section with the bravo ocean or other amps. I'm interested in overall sound quality, power, soundstage, bass etc.. I realize the question is subjective and hard to pin down. Thanks for your response.
Ok, you already have a nice DAC, so might as well buy the Bravo Ocean (and it's on sale).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back