Bravo Audio Customer Service = Happy Ending
Jun 25, 2014 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MrNaturalAZ

Head-Fier
I've been having some troubles with my Bravo V3 amp - one of the equalizer pots had become intermittent. Troubleshooting resulted in high confidence that it was the pot itself, and would need to be replaced. No problem for me -- I used to do this all day every day for a living. But where to get the part? I'm sure I could probably have found it somewhere by description, but I thought I'd try the manufacturer first.

About three weeks ago I wrote to the only email address I could find for them - info@bravoaudio.com - saying that I own a V3 and that one of the EQ slider pots has become intermittent and I needed to obtain a replacement part. I included my mailing address hoping that they might be able to ship me one, and to save a bit of future email tag if it turns out they could.

Anyhow, I received no reply email, and being as three weeks had passed, I decided I'd give it one more week and then go hunting on my own (or maybe asking here on Head-Fi) for the 100K slide pot. Well, this afternoon when I checked my mail, there was a small box from Singapore. Inside were TWO slide pots (a 100K and a 500K). No packing slip, invoice, or note (aside from the customs declaration on the outside of the box); just the parts! Anyhow, while I'm slightly puzzled at the lack of any other communication, I'm thrilled that they sent the parts!  

I do wonder, however, why a 100K plus a 500K? Did they use 500K pots in some runs of the V3? I'm actually not certain what's in mine as I've not yer removed the old one; I'm just assuming it to be 100K based on the V3 schematic that's floating around the interwebs. I'll prolly update this thread once I've completed the repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back