Brand recommendation request
Feb 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

igork007

MOT: Hificentre Vancouver
Hi guys,

We are a hifi shop that sells headphones, we sell Grado and Denon. We are interested in expanding our offerings and wondering what other brands are worth considering. We are looking primarily for over the ear headphones. Let us know which brand you recommend and you may win a free pair. If we choose to sell a brand from the recommendations received in this forum, we will give away one pair of headphones from the new brand that we bring in. If there are multiple recommendations for this brand, we will draw 1 winner.

Thanks in advance,
Hi-Fi Centre

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 18
Ive heard good things about AKG although i cant say ive listened to them. The sennheiser 215's are meant to be quite good low-end headphones, although likewise i havent listened to them so you may want to try them out for yourself.

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 18
Wow, good luck !

There are many many great headphone brands.

I own Denon, Shure, AKG and Ultrasone and enjoy every single one of them.

I keep hearing great things about Beyerdynamic and Grado too.

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 18
I would suggest Sennheiser.  Their range of products covers nearly every price point, especially with the soon to arrive HD 700 covering the $1000 point.  They also cover almost any feature set you would be interested in stocking.  While there may be a better headphone at any specific price or with specific features, Sennheiser is pretty reliably high quality across the board.  They also seem to have a bit more brand recognition outside the Head-fi crowd than some of the other headphone manufacturers.

Sennheiser also has a sound that is different from your other two brands.  Denon would appeal largely to customers interested in a lot of bass, and Grados would be good for people for a fun, very forward rock can.  Sennheiser cans typically have a more laid back and/or neutral sound, depending on the product line and specific model.

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 18
Beyerdynamics could be good to stock, or Sennheisers.

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
I would suggest Sennheiser.  Their range of products covers nearly every price point, especially with the soon to arrive HD 700 covering the $1000 point.  They also cover almost any feature set you would be interested in stocking.  

How could I forget Senn's !

Plus, with that quoted argument which is very true, you can't go wrong.

But get ready for some intense competition; many places to buy Senn's.  

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 18
Definitely get some Ultrasones. They're kind of difficult to get in a lot of places so by having them you'll be at an advantage. I would also recommend Sennheisers however.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #11 of 18
I agree with Ultrasone. Sennheisers are great also. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #13 of 18
Shure--for their studio ability 

Superlux and Samson--for good entry level cans

Alessandro--because they great value in the Grado family and not widely carried

Sony--good cans in the line; people know and are favorable toward the brand

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
Hi guys,
We are a hifi shop that sells headphones, we sell Grado and Denon. We are interested in expanding our offerings and wondering what other brands are worth considering. We are looking primarily for over the ear headphones. Let us know which brand you recommend and you may win a free pair. If we choose to sell a brand from the recommendations received in this forum, we will give away one pair of headphones from the new brand that we bring in. If there are multiple recommendations for this brand, we will draw 1 winner.
Thanks in advance,
Hi-Fi Centre

I won't even go in a shop if it doesn't know/have:

Beyer Dynamics
AKG
Denon
Grado
Sennheiser

Very best,

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #15 of 18
Beyerdynamic, nuff said. Very easy to sell too. Comfortable and sound great (has a sound most people will enjoy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back