Brand new sennheiser HD 650's and brand new Fiio EO9k W/Fiio e17. Burn in questions and possible seller fraud.
Nov 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ipooptoomuch

New Head-Fier
The HD 650's weren't shrink wrapped, is it possible the seller just took used headphones and repackaged and sold them as new? The headphones weren't smelly or anything. I ended up paying $479.68 for a seller that had 2,000+ feedback. The outside of the silver box had a few dents in it.

So since I have a new EO9K and (probably) new HD 650's do I have to burn them in separately? Just for the record i have 4 anxiety disorder so maybe its just buyers anxiety :p

I looked around for burn in threads and everyone has a different opinion. Will burning them in with regular music alter their sound as opposed to other methods?

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

You probably got an open box or refurb model. And payed near "new" price for it.

You don't need to burn in anything. Waste of time. Does nothing. Look for measurable proof. Doesn't exist. End of story there. Rest your nerves.

Put on the headphones, listen to them. If you like everything you hear, then stop thinking and worrying and just lean back and listen to your audio and enjoy.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back