Brand new RS-2's already broken!
Jul 2, 2007 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sebastian589

500+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of RS-2s new from TTVJ, and received them last Monday, all of a sudden today I place them on my bed and the right driver/housing pops right off of the metal rod! I look and find that both channels have a chip where the rod meets plastic ring that supports the housing. I tried briefly to screw the rod back in as it looks as if that needs to be done, but it would take a considerable amount of force to do so, and seeing as these are 450 some odd dollars when bought new I want to be careful and leave the work to the experts. Just wondering if this has happened to any others, I am really bummed but I am glad they are under warranty. A bad week as I haven't been able to get my DAC working properly either

I'll try to post some pictures later but I doubt my camera will be able to show any detail
frown.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 11
My SR80 driver also just fell off the metal rod. acrylic glue helped - they're stronger than ever.

But with RS2s I'd recommend to contact Grado and state the problem.
This really seems to be a problem a number of people have. Recently there was a thread in which another user here complained about the drivers falling off, and my friends fathers rs2 also lost one of their cups

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 11
Get in touch with Grado. Their quality control lately seems to be rather poor, and at that price your headphones should work perfectly.

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or Contact Todd. They will make it right.

Mitch

Naw, I believe such a problem like this deserves to be shown straight to the manufacturer.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #7 of 11
"received them last Monday"

"Naw, I believe such a problem like this deserves to be shown straight to the manufacturer."

6 to 1, 1/2 dozen to the other- it really doesn't matter who you show them to the point would be to get a new pair as soon as possible. Less than a week old- I'd want a Brand New Pair or my money back.

Go through Grado and it'll probably take longer- and who'd want a repaired pair? It doesn't matter where they go since they'll go back to Grado.

Less than a week old goes back to the place I bought them- 30 day gaurantee. Over 30 days I'll pursue warranty repair.

Mitch

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Naw, I believe such a problem like this deserves to be shown straight to the manufacturer.

I believe you should let Todd hassle Grado. As a retailer he can beat up on a manufacturer about quality far more effectively than an individual can. That's my 20 cents worth.

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 11
The same thing happened to the right MS-2i I had for less than one day. I returned them for a refund. I have been quiet with this for over a month, so I am not bad-mouthing Grado. On my headphone, it appeared the hole was not drilled straight for the rod. I wasn't putting glue on a brand new headphone. For that price, it should be high quality. I love my ms-1, but I think my upgrade will not be for Grado or Alessandro.

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #10 of 11
Didn't want to bitch about it but since this thread came up. Happened to me as well with my brand new RS1s. Fortunately I was still in NYC where I bought them and when I went back to Sound by Singer I got a new pair that I could inspect for all I cared. The store gave me no trouble at all, no questions asked, and thought it really strange but also said that they had no problem with returning poor quality cans to Grado. I left the store happy.

Jul 4, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #11 of 11
Ahhh, the good old Grado quality. Gotta love it. Does this kind of stuff happen on headphones like the 325?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back