Brand new KSC-35 problem. Faint crackling during "quiet" parts of songs.
Dec 11, 2005 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kurt_fire

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my KSC-35s from Creative's Ebay auction. I just put them on five minutes ago, and have listened to several songs through my computer.

I'm hearing a faint, slight crackle coming from both sides when the music becomes faint. I can't hear it when the music is blaring away; only at the quiet parts. At first I thought it could have been the particular recording I was listening to, but I have since tried many different songs and it's still there.

Anybody know what could be causing this? I think it would have been impossible for a hair to have already went through the pad and onto the drivers. The music doesn't have this crackling with my PortaPros, or MS1s.

Also, what's the easiest way to put these things on? It was difficult for me and took several minutes. Albeit, my hair covers my ears. At what angle should the "Koss" lettering face when positioned properly on the ear?

Dec 11, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Well, I'd definitely check the driver to make sure there aren't anything in there. Also, try cleaning the plug to see if that will help with the crackling.

What do you recommend I clean the plug with?

Dec 11, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Try wiping it with tissue paper or paper towel. There may be some oxidation on the plug that may be causing the problem.

Yep mine did that to but it went away after I wiped the plug with my shirt. Yeah I think its oxidation also.

Dec 12, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #6 of 7
Try a different source too - Just to make sure it's not RFI from your PC that they are picking up
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 7
let those phones burn in for a good 24 hours before listening to them too critically. Just leave a song with plenty of bass on repeat on the computer, come back the next day and they will sound much much better. I noticed cackle before burn in too, and a lot more distortion. Otherwise it could be your soundcard hissing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back