Brake in time needed for new Stax SR-009
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 9
There is no such thing as break in or burn in so they are good to go from that standpoint.  All electrostatic transducers can have some charge issues but these should never have any real effect with a properly designed bias supply. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #6 of 9
Mine needed 1-2days for full break in... Maybe it is my amp... Cos the sibilance disappeared and stronger bass arises after 2 days of white noise burn in.

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #8 of 9
Mine needed 1-2days for full break in... Maybe it is my amp... Cos the sibilance disappeared and stronger bass arises after 2 days of white noise burn in.

This is exactly what happened with my SR-009 as well, sounded cold and lacking bass out of the box. After a couple days of pink noise it sounds alot more like the demo units and AnakChan's SR-009 I listened to earlier. There is bass presence and the sibilance has now subsided. I was surprised by the change because I had thought only Dynamics need burn in.

The SR-009 are a wonderful set of cans, congrats on the purchase Rumbleripper!

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
This is exactly what happened with my SR-009 as well, sounded cold and lacking bass out of the box. After a couple days of pink noise it sounds alot more like the demo units and AnakChan's SR-009 I listened to earlier. There is bass presence and the sibilance has now subsided. I was surprised by the change because I had thought only Dynamics need burn in.
The SR-009 are a wonderful set of cans, congrats on the purchase Rumbleripper!

Thanks Donny!

I plan to do a comparison of it with my WA5 LCD-3 setup. Will have to do some good listening sessions with both to compare. Am fairly busy currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back