Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review
Jun 12, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #691 of 728
  As a matter of fact, I do. Both are about as V-shaped, but the M6 Pro has tighter bass, thinner mids, and a brighter treble. S5 has more impact and more energy, and doesn't really have that hot of a treble thanks to the bass. IMO I'd take the S5 over the M6 PRO.

Me too, S5 sounds slightly more detailed too to me. And build quality of S5 can give competition to MA750.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #693 of 728
FWIW these scale relatively well - just plugged them into the ZX2 and the bass is quite convincing, these would've been a killer, game changing IEM if there was more depth in the mids (the treble isn't hot, its actually quite good when compared to much much more expensive IEMs, but the lack of mids exposes it)...

Soundstage is compressed, but - for the throwaway money that these are going for, including the case, and the six billion tips you get included - a steal

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #694 of 728
FWIW these scale relatively well - just plugged them into the ZX2 and the bass is quite convincing, these would've been a killer, game changing IEM if there was more depth in the mids (the treble isn't hot, its actually quite good when compared to much much more expensive IEMs, but the lack of mids exposes it)...

Soundstage is compressed, but - for the throwaway money that these are going for, including the case, and the six billion tips you get included - a steal

Thanks for chiming in Duncan. I feel like the S5 are underrated.

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #695 of 728
Thanks for chiming in @Duncan. I feel like the S5 are underrated.

For $50? super under rated!!
tongue.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #700 of 728
Just daydreaming while I burn in the new Jives. :wink_face:

Dontcha think it's time Brainwavz followed MEElec.'s lead and produced a budget removable cable IEM? And of course all the other manufacturers need to match Brainwavz 2 year warranty. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of LMUE's Alpha & Delta AD01, but yes that'd be great!

Something like S5 but with tighter, faster bass would be cool :wink:

Jive, eh...

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #701 of 728
I'm thinking more along the lines of LMUE's Alpha & Delta AD01, but yes that'd be great!

Something like S5 but with tighter, faster bass would be cool
wink.gif

Jive, eh...

That will be nice, but i would like to see a R series earphone or a BA earphone next or may be a S5 pro!!

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #704 of 728

Just daydreaming while I burn in the new Jives. 
wink_face.gif

Dontcha think it's time Brainwavz followed MEElec.'s lead and produced a budget removable cable IEM? And of course all the other manufacturers need to match Brainwavz 2 year warranty. 

Meelec has lifetime replacement program too.....

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #705 of 728

Meelec has lifetime replacement program too.....

I wasn't aware of that. This is the only warranty info I could find on their site;

http://www.meelec.com/Articles.asp?ID=142      and it states 12 months for headphones (90 days for some models). I would be shocked if anyone had a lifetime replacement warranty. Do you have a source for that claim?

Brainwavz doesn't seem to have a specific warranty page but I glanced at a few 'phones and they all had 24 months listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back