Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review
Jul 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #16 of 728
Interested enough to join the thread 
wink.gif

If you'd like another recommendation for a sub $100 IEM (new to the market) that just might tick your boxes (it has with mine) - look out for the RockJaw Alfa Genus.  I'll have my review finished in the next 48 hours hopefully.  It's a goody!

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 728
wink.gif

If you'd like another recommendation for a sub $100 IEM (new to the market) that just might tick your boxes (it has with mine) - look out for the RockJaw Alfa Genus.  I'll have my review finished in the next 48 hours hopefully.  It's a goody!

Those look good, I like the interchangeable elements, that's something I haven't seen before! I look forward to your review 
smile.gif
 Know of a dealer in the US? Didn't see one in my search.

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #19 of 728
  Very intriguing design. Always been curious about Brainwavz since I started this little hobby. Subbed.
bigsmile_face.gif

As one who has tried all of them out at one time or another, their lineup is diverse and well rounded. They hit price points from $17.00 to over $100.00, it depends on what your looking for. Try them out, many on here have and like the lineup just fine, always good bang for the buck 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 728
  Those look good, I like the interchangeable elements, that's something I haven't seen before! I look forward to your review 
smile.gif
 Know of a dealer in the US? Didn't see one in my search.

I think they're setting up their global dealership at the moment.  They're fairly new to headphones - based in UK - but so far really excellent people to deal with.  They're engaging the community here, and working with us to tune the sound.  Also - they develop their own drivers - so they're not just generic.

Website here : http://rock-jaw.co.uk/products/

Anyway - sorry - I'm taking this OT.  It should be a Brainwavz thread.

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #21 of 728
Would love to compare the S5 to my current favs the TDK IE 800 and EB 950. Probably not a really fair comparison with the IE 800 but I'm more and more impressed each day with the little single driver EB 950. Really leaves all my other single driver phones in the dust.

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #22 of 728
Whats all the lack of love for the R3 :wink:  Maybe more people will be in favor of their design and fit now that they don't have those pesky memory cables.

D2K, as always, thanks for posting your impressions and pictures.

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #23 of 728

Hey Brooko - Thanks!
I do work for Brainwavz indeed and the 1st thing I did was to request a MOT status... Still pending approval though.
I'm already in touch with ljokerl, Zelda, H20 and a bunch more.
It's obvioulsy fine if your reviews are not 100% positive, it's a subjective opinion after all. So the more reviewers I get in touch with, the better!

Cool - you've got a PM

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #24 of 728
  Whats all the lack of love for the R3 :wink:  Maybe more people will be in favor of their design and fit now that they don't have those pesky memory cables.

Good to see you back here Raz.  And thanks for the follow up.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #27 of 728
I do like the SS of delta,M5 & S1,for their prices offered. M5 my favourite among these, besides all of their build quality. And hope S5 could do a better job(little over?) with its sound,like its previous offerings. But the price is little disappointing to me, as its $40 costlier than S1 and its really a tough survival to be able to compete in the much evolving sub $50 & $100 IEM market space, and the expectation (P2P ratio) is sky high now,for me,given its price tag.just my 2cents.......dont throw stone at me.:wink:

I have a strong belief in Raz,this time,he concentrated more of detail retreival,instrument seperations etc while doing the S5's ground work itself, besides their home sound of neutral and bassy (mostly) and so the pricing? Just a thought,coz thats the hard part,and so the pricing....
And I will wait for some reviews,comparisons to pour-in to include S5 in my bwavz collection and hope to buy a pair soon.

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #28 of 728
wink.gif

im interested too .

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #29 of 728

Haha, there's lots of love for R3's, Raz, just an odd duck of a design is all 
wink_face.gif

Anyway, thanks for the review set of S5's, these are some nice IEM's, basic but well done all around. I look forward to others opinions on these 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #30 of 728
I do like the SS of delta,M5 & S1,for their prices offered. M5 my favourite among these, besides all of their build quality. And hope S5 could do a better job(little over?) with its sound,like its previous offerings. But the price is little disappointing to me, as its $40 costlier than S1 and its really a tough survival to be able to compete in the much evolving sub $50 & $100 IEM market space, and the expectation (P2P ratio) is sky high now,for me,given its price tag.just my 2cents.......dont throw stone at me.
wink.gif

I have a strong belief in Raz,this time,he concentrated more of detail retreival,instrument seperations etc while doing the S5's ground work itself, besides their home sound of neutral and bassy (mostly) and so the pricing? Just a thought,coz thats the hard part,and so the pricing....
And I will wait for some reviews,comparisons to pour-in to include S5 in my bwavz collection and hope to buy a pair soon.

It's definitey hitting in a crowded niche, no question. But from my experience with them, I can say it has at least a fighting chance here. The build quality alone is a hit with the S5's, they took my abuse with ease(I'm known for abusing my review units, it's the only fair way to test them out). Only time will tell, of course, but I like it's chances 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back