Brainwavz S0: New Challenger in Sub $100 Market for VSONIC, HAVI, OSTRY and more?
Oct 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tom22

Headphoneus Supremus
I had just received my pair of the S0 today. I want to thank Brainwavz for sending a sample out for review.

Since unboxing them, i had not taken them off since, maybe this just "new toy bias" but i think the Brainwavz S0 can compete with much more hyped earphones like the (VSONIC VSD3S, HAVI B3 Pro 1) both of which i own and thoroughly enjoyed. 

This is big claim and i don't know how or where they will measure up in the end but i figured i'd open this thread to kind of document my journey with them.

I will be continually updating this thread with unboxing, first impression and finally a review video of the S0s. I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on them, (whether they heard it or not!). Shoot me any questions you might have and i'll do my best to answer them!

Unboxing:

SORRY theres a number of Corrections in the video-  
the S5 retail for *$99 NOT $129*.  
And the S0 was released on *OCTOBER 16,2014* (less than a month ago)! my apologies

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Thank you for this thread. I, too, wonder why the S0 does not get near the hype of some of the other budget headphones out there. I only have the Havi B3 Pro1 to compare to the S0, so I cannot compare it to the other models you mention. But, I find the S0 to be more comfortable, having a better and pleasing overall SQ than the B3, and obviously, the S0 is much less picky about the need for external amping than the B3. I think the S0 more than holds its own against the B3. I think the S0 is clearly superior, when seen as complete package.

One of the arguments of the virtues and hype of the Havi B3 is its value compared to more expensive IEMs with similar SQ. Heck, you can nearly buy three S0s ($25) for the price of a B3 ($64). The trade off is that the B3 has more refined treble and soundstage than the S0. While the S0 fights back with significantly better bass and a more robust tonality than the B3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back