Brainwavz ProAlpha or M2? Which is the better deal?
Dec 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
My problem was I wanted to return the M1 before I even got it.  I contacted them about this and they said they will have to charge me 7.50 for returns even though shipping was free.  The thing was being shipped from their Amazon warehouse which coincidentally is a ten minute drive from me.  I told them about this but they said it's their policy and how it's my fault I ordered directly from their site and not from Amazon which has a 30 day full money back return policy.  I told them I only ordered from their site because I 'friended'  them on facebook for there 5% off discount (I originally did it for the 10 dollars off M1 deal but it wouldn't work)

The guy started getting an attitude with me so I just let it be.

Bottom line, just buy from Amazon.... at least you won't have to deal with clowns trying to charge you extra if you decide to return and you'll have 30 days to do so...  MP4nation is only 7 days.

As far as the performance of the M1 I'm still unimpressed after trying multiple tips and multiple devices... some say they are not "bass light" but I would say they are just that.

I own 2 pairs of M1's and I don't find them bass light at all and I think they sound great.. They have sufficient bass for my tastes and I enjoy them fully.. I own the Brainwavz M1, Brainwavz M2 and Meelec M9 and IMO both the M1 and M2 are much better than the M9 for sound quality.. I also prefer the M1's sound over the more expensive M2's too.. :) This just goes to show that everyone's preference for what type of sound they prefer is different and what one person might like another person might not.. Good luck in your IEM search..

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #17 of 27
^So true.  Such a trial and error deal, I can see this little hobby getting expensive very quickly.  I wish I could just try them all.... joker review thread style 
beyersmile.png
  and pick out my favorite.

Did you notice any sort of faint ringing from drums/hi hats with the Brainwavz?  It's only with certain songs but my M9s do not produce this on the same songs so it has me somewhat worried.  

I'm thinking it could the tracks themselves and the M9s just aren't picking up the 'sibilance ringing'.  

If that's the case I'll just keep the M2s as they do sound quite nice on tracks that don't 'ring' (figure I could try getting these tracks in a different bitrate to see if that helps)  I actually prefer them over the M9 and M1 after comparing them once more.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #22 of 27
Out of the box there is no sibiliance haha.to tell you the truth,i bought it 2ndhand at about 46,and got it exchanged.received it a few days ago.Brainwavz iz bangz for ze buckz manz.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #23 of 27
^So you purchased a used one for only $46 and exchanged it through MP4nation for a new one?

I meant in general does sibilance get better after burn in?

Edit:

Just tried listening to the M1 again and actually got a good seal by pointing them up and in as far as they'd go.  Sounds muuch better.  I can actually hear the bass this way and everything is clear.    They do make my ears itch a little and don't stay in my ears as well as the other IEMs but at least I got them to sound good. 

I get a bit fatigued after listening to the M2 for a while... I noticed I can listen to the M1 at a higher volume for longer and still enjoy the vocals.  I end up turning the M2 down to where it's hard to hear them.... but they are still very good for electronica and rap/hip hop...

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #25 of 27

Quote:
^So you purchased a used one for only $46 and exchanged it through MP4nation for a new one?

I meant in general does sibilance get better after burn in?

Edit:

Just tried listening to the M1 again and actually got a good seal by pointing them up and in as far as they'd go.  Sounds muuch better.  I can actually hear the bass this way and everything is clear.    They do make my ears itch a little and don't stay in my ears as well as the other IEMs but at least I got them to sound good. 

I get a bit fatigued after listening to the M2 for a while... I noticed I can listen to the M1 at a higher volume for longer and still enjoy the vocals.  I end up turning the M2 down to where it's hard to hear them.... but they are still very good for electronica and rap/hip hop...

Funny you should say that.. Out of all the IEM's I have around here the M1's with double flange tips are the only ones that make my ears itch also.. Must be something in the tips making ears itch with these I guess.. :)

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #26 of 27
I don't think its a ringing sound, just the stuff like the cymbals last a bit longer than usual.

Quote:
I'm thinking it could the tracks themselves and the M9s just aren't picking up the 'sibilance ringing'.  

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #27 of 27
I had 1 album that had the ringing pretty bad.... Got the album from a different source and the ringing is basically gone....   There is still a miniscule ring/sibilance on a few tracks from different albums but I can only just barely pick it up if Im sitting quietly with the volume up... could be the tracks themselves.... not worried about it.

I've decided to keep the M1 and the M2 as I'm really starting to enjoy them.... kinda wish I didn't send the proalphas back.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back