Brainwavz M2 Help
Dec 6, 2016 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pshhyeahh

Head-Fier
I recently purchased a new pair of Brainwavz M2 IEMs from Amazon to replace my older, broken M2s. The old ones were cutting sound between left/right whenever I moved; putting pressure on the middle wire splitter seemed to work for months up until last week. So new pair ordered. I know some people say break in/burn in period is a myth, but I went ahead and burned them in for about 15-20 hours last weekend (probably not enough for the believers). Anyways, onto the concern. The sound quality/experience seem to be a bit different between the two of them. The new one definitely has a wider soundstage, it sounds more balanced than it should. This means the bass does not "hit" hard like my old pair, where you can actually feel it. Where as with the new pair, I cannot feel the bass. I swapped the silicone ear pieces from the older one and that didn't change anything. The quantity of the low frenquencies isn't in the same league as my old M2s. Did Brainwavz change their M2 drivers? I had my old M2 IEMs for about 6-7 years and I purchased them used from here. Or did I end up with a fake pair from Amazon? Idk... but I'm considering returning the new ones. 

Picture of the Contents of the New Brainwavz M2

Current Picture of my Old Brainwavz M2. Don't mind the IEMs being in pieces, I'm going to try to fix them. 

Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back