Brainwavz M2 - are they able to be played loud?
Nov 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Basilius

100+ Head-Fier
I've been reading reviews, and the Brainwavz M2 seems to have the type of sound I'm looking for.  However, I also noticed on their spec sheet that they can only handle a maximum of 40mw.

Brainwavz M2:  http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_69&products_id=390

I'm currently using the Panasonic HJE900, and while I don't really like the V-shaped sound, I do like that I can turn them up very loud and the sound still stays clear, without any distortion.  Also, the HJE900 are rated at a maximum of 200mw.

Are the Brainwavz M2 able to be turned up loud without any distortion, and does the sound stay clear?  Also, about how loud can they be turned up before getting distorted?

Nov 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't mean to lecture but you do realize that anything above 85dB will cause hearing damage with prolonged use, correct? Most in-ears can reach 100dB easily which causes permanent damage with ~30 mins of exposure. 

The M2 will go loud - it's pretty sensitive. I don't remember how much it took for the HJE900 to distort but the M2 shouldn't be far behind.

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 4
thanks, I appreciate it.

I also have the ME Elec M9s, and they do seem to start distorting at a lower volume (at least lower than hje900).  I just wanted to make sure I'd be able to use the Brainwavz M2 at a somewhat high volume without them distorting (like the M9's). thanks

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 4
the M2's will get plenty loud and are extremely sensitive. my weak smartphone powers them VERY well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back