Brainwavz M2 and Exercise - Help!
Oct 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

anonns

New Head-Fier
So, I bought a new set of Brainwavz M2s as my workout earphones, and I absolutely love them when it comes to sound quality. Three issues mainly, all related to exercise with them (mainly running):

1) They tend to slide out when my ear gets sweaty during workout.
2) The cord is very stiff, and tends to pull them down during a workout.
3) The cord is very stiff... so it makes noise when moving while I'm running.

In some pictures of the M2, it looks like there is a behind the ear attachment. Does anybody know where I can get this? I've tried rotating the earphones up and stringing them around the back of my ear, but I find that is even worse than wearing them the regular way.

Any accessories which can alleviate this problem?

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 5
First you may want to try some Comply T-400 foam tips.  I use them with my M2's and really prefer the way they fit compared to the stock tips.
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/comply-t-400-foam-tips-3-pair---black.php

That should help your fit issues.

The next thing you will have to find is the over ear clip that fits the M2 and a shirt clip.  That should minimize the microphonics you are hearing.  I did a ton of digging and so far I cannot find an earclip that would definitely fit the M2's.  It is possible a good shirt clip will solve the problem once you install the T-400 tips.

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Probably worth noting that the M2s come with a pair of Comply tips, and a shirt clip, so you should probably check if the supplied tips are a good size for you before buying a separate 3-pair pack.

Quote:
First you may want to try some Comply T-400 foam tips.  I use them with my M2's and really prefer the way they fit compared to the stock tips.
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/comply-t-400-foam-tips-3-pair---black.php

That should help your fit issues.

The next thing you will have to find is the over ear clip that fits the M2 and a shirt clip.  That should minimize the microphonics you are hearing.  I did a ton of digging and so far I cannot find an earclip that would definitely fit the M2's.  It is possible a good shirt clip will solve the problem once you install the T-400 tips.

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Probably worth noting that the M2s come with a pair of Comply tips, and a shirt clip, so you should probably check if the supplied tips are a good size for you before buying a separate 3-pair pack. 

Genius! How did I not notice that? Indeed they come with a clip and the comply tips, which I can tell already stay in much better (though they don't feel as comfortable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back